Help Support CattleToday:

jscunn

Reaction score
Both heifers born September/October 2011

1869a_zpsa7329cf8.jpg

107c_zps128bcc76.jpg

Comments?

Both registered Angus.

Top one out of a CC&7 son and a Connealy Forward daughter (# 17239520).

Bottom one is a Connealy Forward daughter out of a Connection daughter (#17105263)

B and G,
Thanks. I wont go as far to say as good as walks, but as good as walks on our place for sure. Only have about 10 replacement heifers this year, but they are as good as we have ever had here. They certainly arent national quality show heifers, but they will do fine down here in a little local show. The top heifer is the better heifer IMO.

jscunn":wtnpew46 said:
B and G,
Thanks. I wont go as far to say as good as walks, but as good as walks on our place for sure. Only have about 10 replacement heifers this year, but they are as good as we have ever had here. They certainly arent national quality show heifers, but they will do fine down here in a little local show. The top heifer is the better heifer IMO.

I don't know about show stuff. But,as cows they should do a great job! Good luck with them! I've got 9 BWF & Black heifers going to start calving any time now. B&G

B and G,
Good luck with the BWF, 3 of our replacement heifers are BWF. Hard to beat a good BWF female. Over half our baby calves this fall are BWF.

both look really nice JSCUNN. I guess for a show I'd go with the top heifer and maybe for a cow too, but for the heat of the south I like the haircoat on the bottom heifer. How are the CC&7's doing for you? We have used Hoover Dam heavily and are extremely pleased with the babies we have on the ground. We will be using him again this breeding season!

CandyMeadow,
Only used CC&7 one year AI, 3 calves only 1 heifer. One of the steer calves is the best steer here this year, the other calf got sick at/after weaning and is pretty average. The heifer is pretty darn good, made the replacement pen and looks about as good as the two I pictured.
I havent used Hoover Dam but I have seen enough calves to know they are good cattle but more moderate framed than the CC&7's. I would use CC&7 again in a heartbeat, but we are really limited on the matings, we have a lot of Connection and Corona daughters/granddaughters in the herd. I have stayed away from him in the past couple of years because of that, I probably will pick up alittle CC&7 semen before he goes up in price and use it on certain cows where he could really help them.

Other than Hoover Dam, what other babies do you have on the ground so far?

We used Final Product, Ten X, Hoover Dam, Frontman, and our Predestined son heavy. Have a few Bismarcks and Myttys. And our embryo babies are sired by Upward. In the herefords we used our two P606 sons Dateline and Mojo. Also used On Target a Logan son we bought back from JWR that we raised. A.I. calves are by Revolution and Redeem.

I like them both a lot, but I would pick the second heifer. She looks more a little more feminine and she has a good hair coat.

Latest posts