Heavy breather

Help Support CattleToday:

I'll try to get a pic later today, or maybe tomorrow when we ultrasound

dun

You should name her Louise and call her "Weezie"

movin on up...to the east side.. we finally got a piece of the piiiiiieeeeeeeee

fish don't fry in the kitchen,beans don't burn on the grill.
took a whole lotta tryin'
just to get up that hill.

The only time I've run into something like this is when we had an outbreak of Diptheria in our herd. Three of the cows/calves had permanent loud breathing. They have lived long lives, are healthy, in no apparent distress, and calve every year. But, to stand around and listen to them drives you nuts.

We've got a beefmasterX cow that weez's quite a bit like she has asthma. She's done it for years and never seemed ill. I don't know what causes it but possibly the fact that she's going on 19 years could be a contributing factor.

Dun, I've got an ox that sounds like that we named him Vader. We only notice it when he's in his stall not when we're working him.
Steve

Yup, they snore. Have listened to them many nights with my Radio Shack monitor. That's how I used to tell when I had a cow calving - by listening to the cows in the barn. And certain cows DID snore. I always knew which ones were sleeping :D
Dun, I definately would not worry about her health.
Eeks - it just started POURING with high winds. Maybe I should get off this thing. (our drought is over - yeah!! got 2" last week from Rita and got 3" from Katrina. Grass growing like crazy. Whew!

Jeanne - Simme Valley":jykltk3t said:
Dun, I definately would not worry about her health.

I've given up worrying now about her health, I just can;t stand to hear her so she's on her way to the backgrounders in 3 weeks. We're now going to retain 5 of the 7 heifers we have left so it doesn;t take much to make the "down the road" cut.

dun

I've got a 4 yr old we raised that blows (puffs) out her cheeks every time she breathes. None of the other cows do that. It makes a little whistle sound. I always know when #104 is around. Might be something simular going on with her?

Latest posts