Heated GLOVES

Help Support CattleToday:

I did buy some for Mr. TC. They keep his hands warm, but he rarely wears them because they're so bulky. He has a hard enough time with dexterity, when he wears them, he says it's like having his hands wrapped in casts.

Let me know if you have him try the socks..... lol

I have and do carry hot hands if I plan on being away from shelter.

Had a pair, my wife ordered them off the internet not sure where from.
They were good while they lasted. The electrical parts inside the gloves failed at about a month into the second winter.
I liked them while they worked. I was expecting them to get real warm inside but that wasn't how it worked. I really couldn't feel any heat, but hands didn't get cold like in other gloves. I guess it kind of kept at body temperature.
Haven't replaced them yet, I've been wearing lined leather gloves.
My hands get in a bad shape when cold they get so painful even when it isn't reall cold out

My hands get in a bad shape when cold they get so painful even when it isn't reall cold out
Adding to that pain, while swapping out the hay spear for the box blade last weekend, I briefly put the lynch pins in my coat pocket. When I reached in to get them, they both bit me. Both on the same finger. I squalled like a pubescent girl. Wife asked me if I would like some music to go with that dance.

Adding to that pain, while swapping out the hay spear for the box blade last weekend, I briefly put the lynch pins in my coat pocket. When I reached in to get them, they both bit me. Both on the same finger. I squalled like a pubescent girl. Wife asked me if I would like some music to go with that dance.
I always make sure to keep those darn things closed until the absolute second I'm ready to use them, and close them as soon as I take them out.

Bummer - I was hoping someone tried the "new and improved" being advertised. I have arthritis in my fingers really, really bad. They don't hurt, just crooked and bumpy ---- but --- they get major COLD. Like hurt like heck cold very easily. PIA using hot hands. I know I can put them in a ziplock bag and reuse them - just not very handy. And I generally have thinner gloves inside mittens. Always taking mittens off to do EVERYTHING and hot hands falls out.

Bummer - I was hoping someone tried the "new and improved" being advertised. I have arthritis in my fingers really, really bad. They don't hurt, just crooked and bumpy ---- but --- they get major COLD. Like hurt like heck cold very easily. PIA using hot hands. I know I can put them in a ziplock bag and reuse them - just not very handy. And I generally have thinner gloves inside mittens. Always taking mittens off to do EVERYTHING and hot hands falls out.
I have some mittens with a zippered pocket for the hand warmers, think I got them at Cabela's. They worked just fine but like you, I was always having to pull them off and finally gave up. They probably make something similar in gloves, designed specifically for the hand warmers. But you'll most likely have to search for a men's small. Not sure why manufactures don't think women are out there in the elements but . . . .

Mr. TC's hands get frozen and practically numb if it's below 45. He was adjusting the heating element on the fountain at the barn and, like an idiot, stuck his hand in the water to "test" if the aluminum liner was hot enough for the water not to freeze. Burned the snot outta 4 fingers - his pinky survived. Yeah, he had it turned up a little too much.

I have to wear mittens. Gloves NEVER keep me even close to warm. I just found rechargeable hand warmers at Amazon. I think I might try them. Some of my hunting mittens also have the pouch to put a hand warmer in. Maybe these would fit?
My fingers get so cold, it feels like someone is pulling my finger nails off. Not fun, because like you and everyone else, we're outside a lot!!
At least when we feed bales, I drive in heated cab!

I have to wear mittens. Gloves NEVER keep me even close to warm. I just found rechargeable hand warmers at Amazon. I think I might try them. Some of my hunting mittens also have the pouch to put a hand warmer in. Maybe these would fit?
My fingers get so cold, it feels like someone is pulling my finger nails off. Not fun, because like you and everyone else, we're outside a lot!!
At least when we feed bales, I drive in heated cab!
Well dang, I just remembered I have a rechargeable hand warmer stashed in a drawer in the mud room. Save your money and stick with the multi pack disposable hand warmers. The rechargeable was okay if it was in my pocket but way too bulky for mittens or gloves and I still had to take off my gloves to actually feel the warmth. Plus, even fully charged, it didn't last very long.

That said, I do have a heated vest that I like. But don't love it because again, the bulky battery, and it automatically switches down to the low setting after I've had it on a while. If I wanted it on low, I'd do it myself!

Thanks for the heads up! Cancel that idea! It's not even dead of winter and I can't keep my hands warm. Guess I'll use the hand warmers. Actually, have several boxes of body warmers (Christmas gifts) - they stick in place. I'll just use them up for now.

Has anyone used the heated gloves? @TCRanch - I see you posted asking same question quite a while ago. Any results? Anyone?
Girl I have tried almost everything for fishing in the winter.
The best I have found is wet suit neoprene and the tree open finger wool gloves.
Both keep your hands warmer wet.IMG_3128.png

Upstate N.Y.? I lived there for 27 years...open wrist gloves packed with snow. Only a few things i used to keep my hands warm...you can actually use your mind to super heat you hands, takes a lot of practice, my father was the expert on that...his hands be steaming hot in 20 below zero...sometimes i could do that and have super heated hands too.
Insulated Mittens with elastic around the wrists where-4 fingers are together, not gloves were the best. I had an expensive pair of insulated gloves, fingers insulated separately where i could work better than mittens..they were water proof and had leather on the fingers and palms for grabbing stuff and working with tools...they're out there. Men and boys are luckier than girls/women...I've pissed on my hands at lot...and it's a great feeling. Boys are born with a toy and it's useful too.
For super heated hands...Try this one technique Jeanne...go outside with bare hands and grab some snow in your hands...make a snow ball and throw it...then go back inside for 10 to 20 minutes and flex your hands... your hands should warm up and begin to super heat...overheat the other direction as you focus on wishing your hands to get super hot....once your hands are "super hot" go outside without gloves and see how long you can last with bare hands.

The rechargable hand warmers are the way to go if you can put them in pockets or a hand muff. They don't require a good air supply unlike the disposable. But the disposable work better if you have gloves or mittens that have a pouch for them. The rechargable are a bit too large to fit confortably. I've heard good things about the battery powered gloves and socks, but have never tried them myself.