Heat Watch

Help Support CattleToday:

Check out the web site previously posted. I have been checking into this product and have discussed it with my AI tech and this is what we have decided. It is incredibly expensive(around $3000 CANADIAN) Some large dairies are using it now with good success when they system is up and running. It can be very labour intensive to patch all the cows. The patches are very large.... I was told like a chain bag with the transmitter in it.They are difficult to glue well and get them to stay glued to the cows. I was told to wait that there is a new product coming out in the next few months. A bolus that is double duty. It acts as a magnet as well as trasmitting heat cycles to a computer. The premise is already in use in the dairy industry... being that cows cycling are much more active and walk around and move more.Dairies are using a system similar now with anklets on the cows.This will just be one step further with the bolus. This system will work on this premise rather than mounting activity as the Heat Watch does.It can be worth looking into if you have a herd size to justify the cost. Just passing on what I have learned about this product from people who have seen it in action...<br>Janet<p>
<br>
<br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

Cameron:<br> I've had the system for 5 months - call me. I'll tell you everything you need to know, and email you pictures etc if you need them.<p> Russ<p><br>
<br>
<br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

Latest posts