HD Getting Wet?????

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
With checking the different radar and this spinning low just wondering if you are getting any of this rain.

It showered off and on yesterday and is pouring this morning. I know OT got hit with a pretty good cell last night. Had his area in a tornado watch. Pretty nasty to watch on the radar.

ILH, we have gotten more rain in the last month than we have in the combined rainfall of the last 2 years. The grass is really growing but there is no food value in it yet,we need some heat soon. I sure love the rain though, you would hardly believe that we suffered that horrible drought last year. We still haven't got the garden in yet, and it is pouring again today.
No tornado watches yet it is not warm enough but hubby saw one in Regina a few weeks ago.

Glad to hear you are getting some rain. Had a tornado reported south of us in Lewistown. Heard there were pictures of it and I'm trying to find them.
Talked to a gentleman in Wyoming this morning and he said they got 5" of rain in the last 24 hours. dams are full, reserviors are full and one that has not had any water go over the spill way in over 34 years has water going through the spill way.

Don't feel bad about the garden mine is just marked off and the seeds are on my counter.
The gentleman I talked to this morning has a couple of bred Jersey heifers for sale. He is going to put my name on one til this fall when I sell my calves and I can afford it. He agreed it is hard to not have a milk cow when you are used to having one. :D
Now I can hardly wait for October.

HD so glad your getting some good rains.an that your grass is growing.heres hoping yall make a good hay crop.

No rain here last moisture was 4in of snow May 22 bad drought last year and shaping up to be worse this year very little pasture just moved cows to what is there today . Thought they might as well get what is there before the hoppers. Ran out of hay any way, they had to go.Send some rain north!!!!

hillsdown":qu79wt7s said:
ILH, we have gotten more rain in the last month than we have in the combined rainfall of the last 2 years. The grass is really growing but there is no food value in it yet,we need some heat soon. I sure love the rain though, you would hardly believe that we suffered that horrible drought last year. We still haven't got the garden in yet, and it is pouring again today.
No tornado watches yet it is not warm enough but hubby saw one in Regina a few weeks ago.

:shock: Gosh, I've been thinking and wishing winter already.... :lol:

Vette we haven't been over 70 F since the middle of may and the all this week we were averaging around 50 and rain everyday.

Tamarack I sure hope you get some rain soon, things are really screwed up when parts of Canada and the states are flooding and you guys are bone dry. We have been lucky we are pretty moderate for rain, and when it does rain it is not a gusher but a steady drizzle so the soil that was beaten so badly the last 10 years is starting recover nicely.

I am trying to get a hold of my cousins and Nikki's breeders as they live right off of #1 near Maple Creek and I heard that they have been evacuating people in the area. I sure hope they are alright and all of their 4 legged family members too.

hillsdown":27cbcwjc said:
Vette we haven't been over 70 F since the middle of may and the all this week we were averaging around 50 and rain everyday.

Tamarack I sure hope you get some rain soon, things are really screwed up when parts of Canada and the states are flooding and you guys are bone dry. We have been lucky we are pretty moderate for rain, and when it does rain it is not a gusher but a steady drizzle so the soil that was beaten so badly the last 10 years is starting recover nicely.

I am trying to get a hold of my cousins and Nikki's breeders as they live right off of #1 near Maple Creek and I heard that they have been evacuating people in the area. I sure hope they are alright and all of their 4 legged family members too.
we have been in the 90's with the heat index well over 100.. sunday will be 97 rains nearly every day... like a dam sauna, or a green house

So you have seen the sun recently AC ???? Can you please describe it as it has been so long that I am not sure I would recognize it even if I did see it again .... :? :p

:lol2: :lol2: Know the feeling. I think we last saw the sun on Monday. Had quite a few days of trying to remember what it was like in May. would have half a day of sun then a couple weeks of clouds.
Had a few days above 70, but not too many. Mainly been in the 60's here.

Heard on the radio this morning that it got down to 23 degrees in West Yellowstone. Snow was reported yesterday in Cut Bank.

hillsdown":2den3xgj said:
So you have seen the sun recently AC ???? Can you please describe it as it has been so long that I am not sure I would recognize it even if I did see it again .... :? :p
it's a big yellow ball of he@# fire, you can be outside stand perfectly still and be drenched with sweat in moments and thats just in the morning hours by afternoon your praying for someone too shoot you :cowboy:

Are you guys flooding around your area ILH ? I can't believe what is happening around Medicine hat ,Lethbridge and through to the States. How scary, I wonder if they have been able to open the hiways yet ?

AC right now it sounds like heaven, I can't remember the last time I have had to keep the heat on in June. Hubbie's family arrives in a couple of week and it always snows when they come, even in the summer... :roll:

Been listening to the road crew and they are saying there are roads completely washed out. Lots of flooding especially up in the mountains south of us.
Saw the Missouri River on Wednesday and it was up pretty good, not at full flood stage though. I heard there are areas that are lower that are under water now.
Haven't heard about the highways but did hear about a twister that touched down about 25 miles west of us. A friends hired man had pulled off the road in a storm and saw it. Guess quite a few people saw it too.

Took these pictures today on a road trip up to H'76's place

6192010009.jpg

New snow on the Highwoods

6192010016.jpg

Shonkin creek flooding
6192010015.jpg

6192010066.jpg

6192010068.jpg

6192010069.jpg

6192010018.jpg

Missouri River
6192010020.jpg

6192010063.jpg

6192010019.jpg

6192010062.jpg

Teton River

6192010021.jpg

6192010058.jpg

Marias River
6192010028.jpg

Great pics ILH. Wow that water is high and moving fast. Yikes.. :shock: Looks like they still have a few inches to spare before everything is underwater though.. :???:

wow yall are getting alot of rain there.did you pull the trailer when you went to see H76.

Perfect timing too. As soon as I put her out the bull was chasing her. She was with the steers when we got her and they were not paying her alot of mind.

Heres what he was bringing in go out with the cows. ;-)
6192010050.jpg

6192010053.jpg

6192010055.jpg

6192010056.jpg

Latest posts