Haylage

Help Support CattleToday:

Redhides

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has experience on the capitalized cost of producing a bale of haylage if wrapped in sleeves verses individually? I understand the great "depends" component. I'm just looking for an index relative to hay because I have a gentleman that's doing it now on a small scale in our area and I'd like to get a reasonable price and to ensure that he receives fair compensation for a valuable service. I think this might be a nice addition to my existing forage management plan.

Thanks Gang.

Redhides":34r53rt1 said:
I'm wondering if anyone has experience on the capitalized cost of producing a bale of haylage if wrapped in sleeves verses individually? I understand the great "depends" component. I'm just looking for an index relative to hay because I have a gentleman that's doing it now on a small scale in our area and I'd like to get a reasonable price and to ensure that he receives fair compensation for a valuable service. I think this might be a nice addition to my existing forage management plan.

Thanks Gang.
Not sure I understand the question.....it shouldn't cost any more to bale it wet than to bale it dry if you have the baler to do it with. I think it would be better to wrap haylage with a continuous wrap since you are needing to eliminate as much air(oxygen) as possible. Around here we can have it custom wrapped for about $5/roll

Latest posts