Hayfield/Pasture rental in South Central MO ?'s

Help Support CattleToday:

jerseyknoll

Reaction score
We have the opportunity to rent an 80 acre hayfield/pasture. I want to know what the going rate is per acre for rental. The fields also need to be fertilized this spring and the hay baled early this summer and possibly again in the fall if the weather cooperates. We are looking for somebody to give an idea of what that would cost and if anybody knows somebody in South Central Missouri who can fertilize and/or bale the hay for us. We would like to have the hay baled on shares. According to the last renters, who we know personally, they got a lot of hay off it last year.

Rachel
Jersey Knoll Farm

jerseyknoll":11ulo4ws said:
We have the opportunity to rent an 80 acre hayfield/pasture. I want to know what the going rate is per acre for rental. The fields also need to be fertilized this spring and the hay baled early this summer and possibly again in the fall if the weather cooperates. We are looking for somebody to give an idea of what that would cost and if anybody knows somebody in South Central Missouri who can fertilize and/or bale the hay for us. We would like to have the hay baled on shares. According to the last renters, who we know personally, they got a lot of hay off it last year.

Rachel
Jersey Knoll Farm

Go to your local uxtension office and ask. They keep up on stuff like that. In our area it runs only about 2/3 of what it does the next county east.

Check your pm I am on the douglas,ozark county line and I do custom baling and also know several others that do also

I would say you will be in the range of $20-$30 pr acre pr yr for rent
that is what I pay on a couple of places
if you are just leasing it for the hay by the time you fertilize it and get it baled you can probably buy hay as cheap as what that will cost,unless you are using it for pasture also