Has anybody else got a call about your cow herd health?

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
Someone called at 6 PM Friday and said they were working through the NCBA. They wanted to know about sickness, vaccination program and some other stuff. My wife wouldn't answer any questions, but the lady did say they were out of Colorado. My wife figured maybe PETA or HUS was trying to put something together to use against the cattlemen. IDK?

Why would the NCBA call you on a Friday evening? I would think if it's legit you would receive something in the mail, similar to the USDA census - but obviously not obligatory like the census. BTW I don't answer calls from unknown area codes; if it's important they'll leave a message.

She asked me to post this, her suspicions were probably correct. She represents the GCA, and gets calls from people all over pertaining to the cattle business. This just struck her as odd, but I'm pretty sure the NCBA is based out of Colorado?

True Grit Farms":18fi3r4y said:
She asked me to post this, her suspicions were probably correct. She represents the GCA, and gets calls from people all over pertaining to the cattle business. This just struck her as odd, but I'm pretty sure the NCBA is based out of Colorado?

Denver Co. and Wash. DC.

True Grit Farms":3iit0bhb said:
Someone called at 6 PM Friday and said they were working through the NCBA. They wanted to know about sickness, vaccination program and some other stuff. My wife wouldn't answer any questions, but the lady did say they were out of Colorado. My wife figured maybe PETA or HUS was trying to put something together to use against the cattlemen. IDK?

I am a confirmed skeptic but I am also a confirmed "curiosity" hound. I would have talked to them. Having said that, I am extremely cautious what I say and usually ask them more questions than they ask me. I hope they call me. Denver A.C. is 303 or 720.

True Grit Farms":3mnehcnc said:

Thanks for sharing. I find that interesting and odd too... Let us know if it happens again.

TCRanch":ofnyq9w6 said:
Why would the NCBA call you on a Friday evening? I would think if it's legit you would receive something in the mail, similar to the USDA census - but obviously not obligatory like the census. BTW I don't answer calls from unknown area codes; if it's important they'll leave a message.

Weird. My phone just rang & the screen said POTENTIAL SPAM. Never had that before.

Latest posts