Happy New Year

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks Ken. You get New Years day almost 24 hours before us. It was weird when I visited Australia and New Zealand back in 1988-89. We flew into tomorrow and flew back to yesterday going across the International Date Line out in the middle of the Pacific.

How dare them young folks celebrate one night a year and one day in July, disturbing the sanctity of rural life with their tomfoolery. Next thing ya know, people will be shootin' off cannons from their back yards, driving up and down the roads in buggies and wagons whoopin and hollerin, trains and saw mills blowin whistles, or (gawd forbid) them dang automobile contraptions runnin amok and i hear they talkin about even giving women the vote.

Always noisy here on NYs but it's mostly gunfire and tannerite. It don't seem to bother the dogs much.
I do wonder each year, how many thousands of rounds (millions nationwide) are expended.
I was up late anyway as one of the tv channels had a series of Thin Man movies on back to back.

Last edited:
It was peaceful and quiet here. But it always is. And the dogs got to sleep in the house because it is below zero. Some of the neighbors go up on top of radar hill and shoot fireworks off. They better have taken a lot of firewood with them last night. Got to be over a foot of snow up there. Over 4,000 feet, the temperature had to be near -10 and there would be wind up top like that.

It was quiet and peaceful here too. As far as I know, fireworks and shooting isn't something anybody does around here. I think most people who do anything get together, play board games until midnight, and then watch the ball drop.
Happy New Year everyone!

I used to join in the tomfoolery!
Too dang cold for me anymore. Don't mind the noise n whatnot. Fire Is the real threat right now. Looks like we made it tho!

Hope 2022 is a good one!

Happy New Years to everyone also. Went to bed by 10 to get up at 4, to go test cows this morning . Heard someone shooting off something last night... thought it was gun fire...
It is RAINING.... thank you.......more than just a sprinkle... we got a pretty decent steady rain for a couple hours... slacking off during the day then hopefully a new round coming in tonight. Then temps are going to drop from our 50's and 60's down to 30's for daytime temps after Monday. Oh well, it is January....

Hoping it is a better year than the last 2 we have had to endure.

Happy New Years from Alabama! Has been in the 70's for about a week to ten days with threats of tornadoes. Fixing to have some winter starting Sunday. 40's for highs and 20's for lows . It is January you know . 🤔😳
Stay safe, @coachg. Just talked to my mother-in-law and she said there's still a threat of tornadoes, even tonight.

On the flip side, wind chill -9 when I went out to feed this afternoon with ice & a little snow. Love me some new Sherpa lined Carhartt bibs!

Went to bed by 10 to get up at 4, to go test cows this morning . Heard someone shooting off something last night... thought it was gun fire...
It is RAINING.... thank you.......more than just a sprinkle... we got a pretty decent steady rain for a couple hours... slacking off during the day then hopefully a new round coming in tonight.
Perhaps there is something to the old song.
Loud noise, Fire and smoke will make it rain..
"Stand back non-believers or the rain will never come.
Someone keep that fire a burnin, somebody beat that drum.."

Latest posts