Happy 4th everyone

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I hope everyone has a happy 4th and enjoys there day and be safe and have fun... I need to go have a few drinks and prepare myself for my crazy family members that are here.

skyhightree1":2gsq9rnx said:
I hope everyone has a happy 4th and enjoys there day and be safe and have fun... I need to go have a few drinks and prepare myself for my crazy family members that are here.

Be at church at noon for food and domino's.
Brisket,armadillo egg's buttermilk pie, peach cobbler and Blue bell.
Spent most of yesterday gathering armadillo egg's.

Well all I tell ya we had a pretty good turnout at my house today and I wasnt stuck behind the grill my uncles were. I truly appreciate my upbringing and how I am bringing up my kids. We had a blast today with those city folk there was so many things they have never done that me and my family take for granted. I was the entertainment basically all day and showed kids how to fish they caught fish and put them back in the pond they had never held a live fish before my kids caught fish they didnt put them back they asked me to clean them so they could eat them..lol the kids never saw that and never had fresh fish they tried it and loved it. I introduced them to gardening they had no idea potatoes came from the dirt so I dug a hill took them to the house put them in seasoned flour on them friend them up they tore those things up. I hooked up a hay wagon and put a bale of hay on the wagon planning to take kids for a ride around the farm and down the rd and I tell you the parents were on there before the kids took them for a ride crossed a creek with the tractor and watched them all freak out while my kids looked at all of them like dad whats wrong with those people. I also brought out a few guns and let them shoot some skeet..My mom came out and showed off her " Expert " skills with my 22-250 blasting some targets and water jugs man i sure was surprised she can still shoot like that shes been out the military for 5 years.. all round great day on the farm im wore out. I am glad most went home today lol oh yea we had alot of corn today.. some grilled but most came from a jar :D

Latest posts