Handi Rifle

Help Support CattleToday:

Horticattleman

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying one as a spare. You know in case something happens to Ve Ve when I get to the camp or somebody needs a rifle for some reason. Just an extra. I'm thinking of getting it in .308 being that's one of the few calibers I don't own..oddly enough!

A Handi rifle in a .308 ain't gonna be fun to shoot. Especially with anything bigger than say a 150 gr. bullet.

I don't particularly care for them mainly because of the trigger, but I guess they would be fine for a spare to throw in the truck.

I guess that's why they're called the Handi rifle...............

Go for it! You dang sure ain't got to worry about messing up the looks! :lol:

If I ever bought an extra gun to just pack in a vehicle or have around camp-- I'd get one of those over under rifle/shotgun combinations...Probably a Savage Model 24 in 223 and 20 gauge--altho I see Remington makes a combo gun now...

the handi-rifle is a good little gun. they have interchangeable barrels in about any caliber you may want. you can also send it to the company and they will do a FREE trigger job to put it at 3 lbs. if the plain wood doesn't impress you , they have the laminated or synthetic stocks. for around 200 bucks you can't go wrong.

judge jb

http://www.handi-rifle.com

HC i bought one of these for my youngest a wile back and he love's it all he want's to do now is hunt.the trigger is not bad at all on his.
rattler

This is the handiest little field gun ever. It's a super, youth-size 22 rimfire rifle for plinking, informal target practice and pest control. The 20" barrel comes with adjustable rifle sights and is chambered for 22 Short, Long and Long Rifle. Swap barrels and, in an instant, it's a light and fast-handling .410 shotgun, a natural for small game and birds. The 22/410 Versa-Pack® is based on our field-proven single shot action with Transfer Bar System. Best of all, you get all this performance and versatility in one compact package, at a cost far less than two separate guns.

Model 22/410 Versa-Pack® (SCY-42S)
Ammo 22 S, L, LR/.410 Bore
Stock High-Density Polymer, black matte finish, pistol grip
Barrel 20" 22 Cal./22" .410 Bore
Chamber Up to 3" - .410 Bore
Sights 22 Cal. - Adjustable rifle sights/.410 Bore - Bead front sight
Choke Full - .410 Bore
Length 34" - 22 Cal./36" - .410 Bore
Length of Pull 12"
Drop at Comb 1-5/8"
Drop at Heel 2"
Weight 5-1/4 lbs. - 22 Cal./4-3/4 lbs. - .410 Bore