Hams

Help Support CattleToday:

Chocolate Cow2":p24ltq4d said:
Wow. You have a year invested in those hams. Hope someone can make biscuits for the red eye gravy.

Use to wait 18 months before eating them. I'm the biscuit maker wife is the gravy maker :D

You know Sky. You were looking for a way in the coffeshop thread to make some income without having all the cattle..............maybe this is your true calling..

greybeard":e7a9i7ar said:
You know Sky. You were looking for a way in the coffeshop thread to make some income without having all the cattle..............maybe this is your true calling..

It could be if it wasn't for all the red tape and govt agencies with a handout and silly rules/laws

skyhightree1":1g82tczv said:
greybeard":1g82tczv said:

It could be if it wasn't for all the red tape and govt agencies with a handout and silly rules/laws
You can sell them as show hams, air fresheners or not for human consumption.

True Grit Farms":2h73u662 said:
skyhightree1":2h73u662 said:
greybeard":2h73u662 said:

I like how you think

True Grit Farms":3e8z96if said:
skyhightree1":3e8z96if said:
greybeard":3e8z96if said:

We had a guy here that sold plastic cups for $5 each. The drink inside was free (dry county at the time). He did not have his establishment open long.......... :frowns:

Do as the "raw milk" dairy farmers do, sell a "share of the hog" and then they pay you to raise it and do the work curing the hams. They are paying you for your work, time and materials, not paying for the hams....because they already "own the hog" .....Then you give them the ham when they are ready..... Same thing that the beef people do with selling an animal live weight, then take it to the slaughter house and they make arrangements for how they want it packaged..... only you are also the slaughter house and you are not selling the "ham by the pound or the piece" you already sold the hog and you are just processing it to their specifications.

farmerjan":1cqrrowo said:
Do as the "raw milk" dairy farmers do, sell a "share of the hog" and then they pay you to raise it and do the work curing the hams. They are paying you for your work, time and materials, not paying for the hams....because they already "own the hog" .....Then you give them the ham when they are ready..... Same thing that the beef people do with selling an animal live weight, then take it to the slaughter house and they make arrangements for how they want it packaged..... only you are also the slaughter house and you are not selling the "ham by the pound or the piece" you already sold the hog and you are just processing it to their specifications.

Another good idea

Smokehouse was smelling so good today I decided to take a ham down and cut some off and fry it I tasted a piece can't eat much still having stomach issues but son loved it had to cut him off

farmerjan":14ykapxd said:
TexasBred":14ykapxd said:
Went to mailbox again today....had a package from Free Rent, Virginia....had a Hormel Canned Ham in it.

Oh poor Sky, you just ruined his reputation TB.... :hide: :cry2: LMAO

Gotta give him a hard time....I want to see the ones he said he was going to cure 6 months. No way in the world something edible is going to stay around his place for six months. :hide:

Latest posts