Gun Control and the NRA.

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit

Reaction score
With all the bad news out there I thought I would add this. The NRA put up a good fight, and common sense won over fear. The liberal's and the democrats just don't get it. The bad guys don't play by the rules, and any new gun laws won't make them. Now the NRA needs to keep pushing for armed security in schools, and to let teachers carry guns if they have been trained how to use them. Thanks NRA.

highgrit":3ioumqkl said:
With all the bad news out there I thought I would add this. The NRA put up a good fight, and common sense won over fear. The liberal's and the democrats just don't get it. The bad guys don't play by the rules, and any new gun laws won't make them. Now the NRA needs to keep pushing for armed security in schools, and to let teachers carry guns if they have been trained how to use them. Thanks NRA.

I agree.
As bad as Boston is some of the liberal media outlet's still just don't get it.
You can't stop a nut willing to die from doing you harm unless you kill the nut first.
Take the overseas's culture they fill a truck with explosive's and then fight over who get's to drive it.
The winner get's to over here it would be the loser .

I agree also, but the liberal's will not give up on this, they need gun control and they will not stop untill they get it !!! Obama's speech after the votes tells the story, he said the time is now and we will pass it!! Good luck 101

I gotta question.. They keep talking about wanting background checks on internet sales.
You can't buy a gun directly off the internet as far as I know... It has to ship to a gun dealer and you still have to do the background check before you can take possession.

They make it sound like you can buy a truck load of guns and have them shipped to your door with no background check.

What are they talking about????

danl":2mhzwfd7 said:
I gotta question.. They keep talking about wanting background checks on internet sales.
You can't buy a gun directly off the internet as far as I know... It has to ship to a gun dealer and you still have to do the background check before you can take possession.

They make it sound like you can buy a truck load of guns and have them shipped to your door with no background check.

You are right. There are several things that they keep calling for that already have laws that handle them. This is all about propaganda to get uninformed people behind them.

danl":p9v2f2fx said:

Your right. I just purchased one off the internet from a dealer out of Alabama who will send it to a dealer here in Texas, where I have to complete all of the paperwork. I have not read the language in the proposed bill. Maybe it included ammo too?

I shouldn't even be thinking this. But I keep wondering when were going to see a suicide bomber attack??? A suicide bomber in this country would put the fear in a bunch of folks. The reality of it is we have let so many illegal immigrants, muslims with student visas, and almost anyone else that wanted in this country to come on in, we don't know who's who. And the way I see it, it's only going to get worse. I would of thought they had some kind of security at the finish line, but apparently not. And the government wants to make it harder for me to protect myself and my family with more gun laws. The government better get their butt on bomb control and not gun control.

I didn't hear Obama's speech after the vote. I heard he said something to the effect of it being a sad day in Washington due to it not passing. So when our legistlators vote the way the majority of people in the county want, it is a sad day ????

We all need to remember while the NRA did a good job, A lot of people raised heck about this to.Think i even heard that ole Harry Reid voted aginist the bill.

Red Bull Breeder, I read somewhere and now can't find it that if harry had voted for the bill and it not passed he could not bring it back up for a vote, by him voteing against the bill he now can bring it back up for a vote at a later date according to the senate rules. Like I said I am not sure if this is fact will try to find where I read this an go from there. Good luck 101

Can someone tell me whats going on now I have been burning diesel alot and haven't heard anything about what yall are talking about. What passed and what didn't?

skyhightree I beleive there were at least 7 gun control bills voted on yesterday, I think a few were High Capacity Magazine bill, Assault Weapons Ban, and another was Background Check Bill I think, was not in house for the rest but all 7 failed. Good luck 101

skyhightree1":2sf7luzp said:
Thanks 101 maybe now gun prices can come back down and we can get ammo readily...
I sure hope your right, I thought I had a lot stuck away but when I think about not being to replace any in the future, like right now, things took a whole new meaning!!! Why is it taking so long for ammo to show up on the shelf, something is not right ?? Good luck 101

1. I think when they talk about purchases over the internet they really mean nothing more than person-to-person transactions (think Craigslist) which is really nothing different than individual transactions at a gun show. Use to be you could find guns and other items in the Sunday paper classifieds but selling on Craigslist gets your product much better visibility today. Guns purchased through businesses, including those at a gun show, require background checks.

2. I was under the impression that most public polls, including Fox News polls, have the majority of Americans supporting greater or improved background checks. I heard Bill O'R say that yesterday. However, our Constitution, our government was ingeniously framed to protect our individual rights from being trampled by the majority. Every state has equal representation, regardless of population, in the U.S. Senate. So Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota are capable counter weights to LA, New York City and Chicago. Essentially, urban areas can't just roll over rural simply because they are more populous. Yesterday showed the sagacity of our founders.

U.S. Representatives on the other hand don't represent a state as much as an indigenous population and area within a state. Overall it can be expected that U.S. Representative's will typically vote more in line with popular opinion than the Senate because they are more reflective of the general population. Given the current make up of the U.S. House as dominated by conservatives, then either the polls are heavily swayed by overwhelming urban support for gun control and therefore distort reality, or there's a shift in sentiment occurring in conservative urban and suburban areas. It would be very interesting to see a breakdown on all of those polls.

highgrit":3rlqhhxn said:

The defination of a liberal is a person that wants to control someone else

highgrit":zqkmhmfv said:

Agree! "Git Er Done!"

Running Arrow Bill":1gkqhyyy said:
highgrit":1gkqhyyy said:

Agree! "Git Er Done!"

Sounds good in theory but in reality, There are a bunch that don't need to teach and more that I wouldn't trust with a gun

cross_7":3rv9xzyf said:
Running Arrow Bill":3rv9xzyf said:
highgrit":3rv9xzyf said:

Agree! "Git Er Done!"

Sounds good in theory but in reality, There are a bunch that don't need to teach and more that I wouldn't trust with a gun

This is what I'm talking a about
http://www.examiner.com/article/school- ... as-tragedy

Red Bull Breeder":g8v367sr said:
We all need to remember while the NRA did a good job, A lot of people raised heck about this to.Think i even heard that ole Harry Reid voted aginist the bill.
Reid voted against it because he knew this vote could take him down.

The gun grabbers will keep coming at our guns. They will never stop. It is scary how close they are getting. One more seat on the SC might be the thing that gives the GGs what they want. They absolutely do not believe the 2nd amendment is for individuals. They think it is for the national guard (militia).

PS - I always like reading these "Armed Citizen" stories.

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen.aspx

Latest posts