Guessing Game

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
Everybody has a chance. Pay your money and take your shot.
Take into consideration what you have gathered from reading my posts. What is the story behind this great Mule Deer? He just missed the Boone and Crockett by a point!!!

10ok410.jpg

Something about a guy in an office wearing slacks and loafers holding a trophy doesn't appeal to me as a hunting accomplishment
If he sat up somewhere with a 7 mag and shot him at 200yds would be icing on the cake

Sunfish":1hm7nngv said:
Something about a guy in an office wearing slacks and loafers holding a trophy doesn't appeal to me as a hunting accomplishment
If he sat up somewhere with a 7 mag and shot him at 200yds would be icing on the cake

Hint # 2. That building is noteworthy. It became known as "The White House".

Tell me he shops at the buckle, likes a good glass of whine and has a poop stool and that'll mak my day

Let's see. Since most good stories about Colorado I know always begin at Miss Alibaster's House of Herb, I'm going to guess the story begins here. Depending on whether you tried the Titanium Moon Biscuits or the Tibetan Hash Cakes makes a big difference on the journey from there but judging from the loafers I'm gonna guess you are more of a Hash Cake sort of man so I'll assume you started here. With that in mind I'm guessing a ride into the sunset to chase the fleeting photons would be appropriate and with you squinted eyes and sunset in your face with the sound of a didgeridoo playing from your Bose speakers you were so enthralled in the moment that you either didn't see the dam thing when it ran out in front of you or you wrote it off as a anomaly among the hallucinogenic unicorns you were seeing and it wasn't.

Just a guess though. I've only been to Colorado twice that I can remember.

The buck was found dead at some superfund clean up site. Probably poisoned by all the toxic fumes. They had stunted his growth. Had he not been exposed to all that pollution he would have made the book for sure. Most likely found by a federal employee wearing loafers but no neck tie because it was casual Friday.
That is my story.

Dave":35fwfrim said:
The buck was found dead at some superfund clean up site. Probably poisoned by all the toxic fumes. They had stunted his growth. Had he not been exposed to all that pollution he would have made the book for sure. Most likely found by a federal employee wearing loafers but no neck tie because it was casual Friday.
That is my story.

Dave, despite the fact that Jogeephus had the most interesting guess, you have hit the target about as close as I expected.

This buck and many others in his size range, lived out their life and died of natural causes on the Rocky Mountain Arsenal just 20 minutes in traffic from downtown Denver ( I know, I drove it almost everyday for 5 years). Although it is not a Superfund site, it does fall under the superfund statutes as a Federal Facility. A Federal Facility is a Superfund class action where the responsible party is a US Government Agency. In this case, it was the Department of Defense. The Rocky Mountain Arsenal was operated from about 1910 until 1990. It was primarily a chemical weapons manufacturing area. The US Army studied, developed and experimented with the deployment of chemical weapons. They also conducted research on biological weapons. The building where this picture was taken is gone. Dismantled as part of the clean-up but it had its history. That building for 80 years was under the command of a succession of about 15 US Generals.

In 2010, most of the serious remediation was completed and starting in about 2005, the US Fish and Wildlife Service began taking over responsibility for the Arsenal. The Rocky Mountain Arsenal is now a National Wildlife Refuge. It has deer, bison, pronghorn, etc. The area has a good genetic line of Mule Deer. Those antlers and several like it are pick ups by the US FWS.

inyati13":137pjk0b said:
Dave":137pjk0b said:
That is my story.

Dave, despite the fact that Jogeephus had the most interesting guess, you have hit the target about as close as I expected.

This buck and many others in his size range, lived out their life and died of natural causes on the Rocky Mountain Arsenal just 20 minutes in traffic from downtown Denver ( I know, I drove it almost everyday for 5 years). Although it is not a Superfund site, it does fall under the superfund statutes as a Federal Facility. A Federal Facility is a Superfund class action where the responsible party is a US Government Agency. In this case, it was the Department of Defense. The Rocky Mountain Arsenal was operated from about 1910 until 1990. It was primarily a chemical weapons manufacturing area. The US Army studied, developed and experimented with the deployment of chemical weapons. They also conducted research on biological weapons. The building where this picture was taken is gone. Dismantled as part of the clean-up but it had its history. That building for 80 years was under the command of a succession of about 15 US Generals.

In 2010, most of the serious remediation was completed and starting in about 2005, the US Fish and Wildlife Service began taking over responsibility for the Arsenal. The Rocky Mountain Arsenal is now a National Wildlife Refuge. It has deer, bison, pronghorn, etc. The area has a good genetic line of Mule Deer. Those antlers and several like it are pick ups by the US FWS.

I knew I was right about the toxic fumes and the casual Friday comment. I was just guessing about the employee wearing loafers.

A good example of decent genetics and "high fence".

Not sure what the fella holding it is a good example of................... :lol2:

In all seriousness that is the kind of buck you can find when ya quit shootin the little ones. Some of us get that and some of us don't.

Jogeephus":336jcwyk said:
Let's see. Since most good stories about Colorado I know always begin at Miss Alibaster's House of Herb, I'm going to guess the story begins here. Depending on whether you tried the Titanium Moon Biscuits or the Tibetan Hash Cakes makes a big difference on the journey from there but judging from the loafers I'm gonna guess you are more of a Hash Cake sort of man so I'll assume you started here. With that in mind I'm guessing a ride into the sunset to chase the fleeting photons would be appropriate and with you squinted eyes and sunset in your face with the sound of a didgeridoo playing from your Bose speakers you were so enthralled in the moment that you either didn't see the dam thing when it ran out in front of you or you wrote it off as a anomaly among the hallucinogenic unicorns you were seeing and it wasn't.

Just a guess though. I've only been to Colorado twice that I can remember.

Titanium Moon Bisquits? Can I order that from McDonald's breakfast menu?

Latest posts