Grumpy Old Man

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
So, the B1G basketball tournament kicks off next weekend, IN WASHINGTON, DC. I know most of you don't care, but imagine the SEC football championship being played in Mexico City. Nothing says B1G like DC. And next year it's Madison Square Garden in NYC. This tournament belongs in Indianapolis and Chicago, where people care. (Both are previous hosts)
Rotate in Minneapolis and even Detroit. But keep the B1G where corn is understood.

But DC has UNISEX bathrooms for all the fans who are unsure whether they identify as squatters or standers.

greybeard":18d82a9p said:
talltimber":18d82a9p said:
whats B1G?
x2.
Nobody knows. They have 14 teams in the conference. Of course the Big 12 has 10. Go figure. but I agree it would make sense to play the championship at least somewhere that represents the conference.

TennesseeTuxedo":3rcjd3j9 said:
I'm a huge basketball fan John and I agree, it's a travesty. I didn't see the point of adding Maryland and Rutgers in the first place.
Penn State was first. They struggled how to call an eleven team the "big 10". Now it's the big 14. or the B1G.
I sorta understand. But Penn State plays football. Yawn. Maryland and Rutgers, what do they play????

john250":qya4ieyr said:
TennesseeTuxedo":qya4ieyr said:
I'm a huge basketball fan John and I agree, it's a travesty. I didn't see the point of adding Maryland and Rutgers in the first place.
Penn State was first. They struggled how to call an eleven team the "big 10". Now it's the big 14. or the B1G.
I sorta understand. But Penn State plays football. Yawn. Maryland and Rutgers, what do they play????

Penn State makes sense. I wish Nebraska had stayed in the Big 8,er 12, er however many they have these days.

john250":3usz6efc said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3usz6efc said:

Maryland and Rutgers bring TV viewers. Check out the TV money that the Big10 Network generates for there schools. No other conference captured the money like the Big10.

mwj":3mjmr2ui said:
john250":3mjmr2ui said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3mjmr2ui said:

Maryland and Rutgers bring TV viewers. Check out the TV money that the Big10 Network generates for there schools. No other conference captured the money like the Big10.

I read yesterday that tickets on the secondary market (scalpers) can be had for $2.
I have also heard that the B1G hopes to expand recruiting into the East Coast. That is lunacy. There are great East Coast players, Absolutely. Give me Indiana recruits against anyone.

mwj":2sd5bq88 said:
john250":2sd5bq88 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2sd5bq88 said:

SEC is right there with them. Very close and when they get their new TV deal will be larger. Each school gets the same amount.

TexasBred":3vperkpg said:
mwj":3vperkpg said:
john250":3vperkpg said:

SEC is right there with them. Very close and when they get their new TV deal will be larger. Each school gets the same amount.

As long as Alabama can get 8o,ooo for Spring football practice game...

TexasBred":3js8arp7 said:
mwj":3js8arp7 said:
john250":3js8arp7 said:

It almost makes your brain hurt when you see the dollars raked in from TV. :shock:

Latest posts