Grumpy Old Man

Help Support CattleToday:

wacocowboy":3kwgtle2 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3kwgtle2 said:
wacocowboy":3kwgtle2 said:
They should cancel basketball

The way OU plays it you're probably right.

It's ok they play pretty good in the only sport that matters.

We have Jr high schools in Indiana that would give Ok State a run. Clearly, you have never seen a well played game of B-Ball. My sympathies. It is a work of beauty. It's just where you grow up.

john250":22xw5k8y said:
TexasBred":22xw5k8y said:
mwj":22xw5k8y said:
Maryland and Rutgers bring TV viewers. Check out the TV money that the Big10 Network generates for there schools. No other conference captured the money like the Big10.
SEC is right there with them. Very close and when they get their new TV deal will be larger. Each school gets the same amount.

As long as Alabama can get 8o,ooo for Spring football practice game...
Not just 'bama. A&M gets 50,000 for midnight yell practice and 102,000 for every game as do many others.

mwj":mag8z9a3 said:
TexasBred":mag8z9a3 said:
mwj":mag8z9a3 said:
Maryland and Rutgers bring TV viewers. Check out the TV money that the Big10 Network generates for there schools. No other conference captured the money like the Big10.
SEC is right there with them. Very close and when they get their new TV deal will be larger. Each school gets the same amount.

It almost makes your brain hurt when you see the dollars raked in from TV. :shock:

Yeah....football pays the way for every other sport the schools participate in.

talltimber":1c1zpo1r said:
whats B1G?
B1G isthe former Big 10. It's like the artist formerly known as "Prince", who changed his name to a symbol.
When the Big 10 added Penn St. they stuck with Big 10, and then the faculty started to realize the damage that name for an 11 team league was inaccurate. When the total teams reached 14, the marketing gurus were called in and the result was B1G.
I hope this explanation suffices.
I'd mock the SEC if they did something this dumb, but hey, it's the B1G.

Latest posts