Ground drive sprayer

Help Support CattleToday:

Talin

Reaction score
Still working on new property thought about renting ground drive sprayer to pull behind a
10 yo land rover. I have been told it will take the paint off don't try it also told not a problem just wash vehicle after use.

I have entire pastures with blackberries and woody brush that I want to start working on rehabilitating thought is to spray now graze then burn next winter.

Thanks in advance the place used to run 60 head but now have 80 acres that need a lot of work

It never took the paint off my tractor. I'm also sure I hit the truck more than a few times with over spray and had no effect. I still have all the paint on the sprayer too, well most of it.

I would run a rotary cutter over it first, wait for some regrowth, then spray the rapidly growing vegetation. In the meantime apply some fertilizer hige in nitrogen to get the grass a head start, that is assuming there is grass there. Also you would be wise to work out an agreement with the owner if you haven't already. It wouldn't be the first landowner to take it back when it begins to look better.

Spray the blackberries when in bloom with Surmount or Pastureguard. It may cost a litlle more but the results will be well worth it.

Latest posts