Grocery store experience..

Help Support CattleToday:

Me and one of my buddies went to ihop the other day for a late dinner after a night of being out. And there was this family with 4 kids there also. They looked pretty trashy, dirty clothes, dirty faces the parents were all filled with tattoos and what not. We order our food were polite and all. The waitress goes to there table and they're just plain rude to her. Then when they get there food of course something was wrong with it. At first it was to cold then she brings it back it was to cooked then under cooked then they don't like it. They just keep harassing the poor girl. We're just in awe seeing how some people can be. When they get the bill the manager comes talks to them and discounts the food. Then to top it off one of the kids grabs the ticket and yells "wow mom it's only 20 dollars! That's a new record!" As everyone is giving themselves high five and ranting on how it's a record and what not. I was in shock seeing my bill alone was 15 plus tip and the whole family was only 20. Oh and of course we see them leave and they leave in a new car with no permanent plates on it yet. The nerve some people have. Talked to the poor girl at the end and tipped her fairly well for all her troubles she dealt with them

Jbreazie":x3l0gca3 said:
Me and one of my buddies went to ihop the other day for a late dinner after a night of being out. And there was this family with 4 kids there also. They looked pretty trashy, dirty clothes, dirty faces the parents were all filled with tattoos and what not. We order our food were polite and all. The waitress goes to there table and they're just plain rude to her. Then when they get there food of course something was wrong with it. At first it was to cold then she brings it back it was to cooked then under cooked then they don't like it. They just keep harassing the poor girl. We're just in awe seeing how some people can be. When they get the bill the manager comes talks to them and discounts the food. Then to top it off one of the kids grabs the ticket and yells "wow mom it's only 20 dollars! That's a new record!" As everyone is giving themselves high five and ranting on how it's a record and what not. I was in shock seeing my bill alone was 15 plus tip and the whole family was only 20. Oh and of course we see them leave and they leave in a new car with no permanent plates on it yet. The nerve some people have. Talked to the poor girl at the end and tipped her fairly well for all her troubles she dealt with them

Maybe this is more common than we want to think. I have seen something like that myself, not quite so overt, but you could tell they were scamming the restaurant.

I've seen things like that happen too.
We went to a restaurant and the table next to us was a large family group ( 10 people) celebrating a child's birthday party. There was one boy, about 8, who would order a steak, several people would eat most of it, then the parent would send it back because it wasn't cooked right. My daughter counted the steaks. They went through 6 and the whole family ate steak at the price of one. They ran the poor waitress ragged and trashed the table. Food spilled all over the table and floor. Left a $2.00 tip.

People who think that they are "owed" things because of who they are, are becoming more and more common.

jsm":2e7tkv2e said:
A year or so ago I was in the grocery store - lady in front of me had a shopping cart heaped over the top with groceries. 3 kids. I was thinking - wow that is going to cost a fortune - rang up to $360. I had never seen a bill like that for groceries. Well, guess what, whips out the lone star card. Follow her out to the parking lot. Would anyone like to guess what she is loading the groceries into? A brand new Cadillac Escalade - dealer plates. I go and get in my old silverado with 218,000 miles after having my a$$ kicked at work all day. How depressing - there is something wrong these days in this country......it's enough to make you puke thinking about it.

In cooler weather I routinely sit in the truck at the Walmart parking lot ( wife won't let me go in TB)
Watch the people come out dressed to the nine's with shopping basket's heaping full getting into high dollar new automobiles to drive across the street to public housing.
Earlier this year in line in front of us was a white woman that had a rock on her finger big enough to sink the Titanic and she whipped a Lone Star card. I replied loud enough in line if she spent her money on grociers versus diamonds she would have enough to buy grociers,instead of using my money .
I got grounded to the truck after that.

At the end of the day, I bet the scammers still don't have a pot to pi$$ in. It is all wasted. You hear about investing in this and that. There is no investing in people that aren't productive or know the value of a penny saved.

You guys talk about the cards, that is only a fraction. There is more money in tax refunds of money that was never paid in, housing, child care, school, and getting ready to be some real "equalization" with the health care bill- Thousands and thousands of dollars in cost vs thousands thousands and thousands of dollars in benefits. Gotta even that dollar dollar bill yo!

Commercialfarmer":116x7hkp said:
At the end of the day, I bet the scammers still don't have a pot to pi$$ in. It is all wasted.

You could give a million dollars to many of them and in a short time they would be broke wanting a hand out.

Commercialfarmer":2qv04hc0 said:
At the end of the day, I bet the scammers still don't have a pot to pi$$ in. It is all wasted. You hear about investing in this and that. There is no investing in people that aren't productive or know the value of a penny saved.

People like this live strictly for the moment. Don't worry about tomorrow...let somebody else do that. You can't trust them and you can't depend on them. They're like animals. Eat, sleep and reproduce.

Jogeephus":a2xj72we said:
Commercialfarmer":a2xj72we said:
At the end of the day, I bet the scammers still don't have a pot to pi$$ in. It is all wasted.

You could give a million dollars to many of them and in a short time they would be broke wanting a hand out.

I heard an economist once he stated you could take everyone in America and start them at dead broke and give them a thousand dollar's. He said Bill Gates would still end up a billionare and the guy living under the underpass would still wind up there.

I have one worthless step daughter who quits her job every year when she gets her tax return (earned income credit from low paying jobs and having a couple kids). No need to work for the next couple months because the government just sent her a check. One of the daughter in laws was telling me the other day that the same worthless one was on facebook. Debating buying a I-Pad versus a kindle. DIL was saying really, you are on food stamps and you are buying an I-pad. On food stamps and any other program she can get on but she darn sure has a 60 inch screen TV with about 500 channels of cable TV. Makes me ill that I put food in her mouth at one point in time.

Caustic Burno":1bjvg467 said:
In cooler weather I routinely sit in the truck at the Walmart parking lot ( wife won't let me go in TB)
Watch the people come out dressed to the nine's with shopping basket's heaping full getting into high dollar new automobiles to drive across the street to public housing.

CB most times I stay outside by choice. Not a bad place to read a book and you don't have to see all those Walmartians. :shock:

TexasBred":3cfbc0z6 said:
People like this live strictly for the moment. Don't worry about tomorrow...let somebody else do that. You can't trust them and you can't depend on them. They're like animals. Eat, sleep and reproduce.

you forgot that many are full of poo too.

I find myself lingering on the thought of dead beats scamming the system. The people we forget are the ones that need it. Don't jump down my throat till you hear me out. The "few" that actually need it could get even more help if it weren't for the scammers. The ones actually in need, are probably not going to be lifetime recepients any way.

Perfectly healthy people drawing disability gaulds me worse than food stamps any day of the week.

Oh yeah stand in the line checking these people through. You know the ones that need it and those that are scamming. Had a real winner til they got banned from the store. Not only were they one the EBT card but also belonged to a certain religious group that gives them money, they were also our shop lifting team that felt they deserved a five finger discount.
Have a couple just moved here from out of state now driving a newer vehicle then us, a really nice motorcycle coming in buying smokes with cash and using their EBT card to buy junk food!

One of my co-workers is on the EBT she is supporting her family, husband is unable to work, not on disability, just had their family vehicle repo'd and could not give their daughter a birthday party because they could not afford it. Not buying junk food and just getting by. Swallowed their pride and had to get help.

Bigfoot":2r034t4i said:
I find myself lingering on the thought of dead beats scamming the system. The people we forget are the ones that need it. Don't jump down my throat till you hear me out. The "few" that actually need it could get even more help if it weren't for the scammers. The ones actually in need, are probably not going to be lifetime recepients any way.

Perfectly healthy people drawing disability gaulds me worse than food stamps any day of the week.

I totally agree for the people that paid into the system.
That is what it is there for a true need. If you look at what your diasblity payment's would be, no one working would want to trade for that check.

chippie":1onl4iwh said:
See it every time I go to store. Little kids dressed in dirty pajamas, and pretty filthy themselves. Yet the parent issporting $100s of dollars in tattoos and buying wine and cigs with cash or debit card. Sadly, it is normal :(
those tattoos just make them easier to identify when they break out of jail..........

Scenerio:

Man on disability + woman on welfare + food stamps + subsidized housing + subsidized utilities + free phone = ? $ per year

What ever that total is, would rival most working family incomes. There would be enough money left over for a car payment.

Bigfoot":2tehn1z6 said:
Scenerio:

Man on disability + woman on welfare + food stamps + subsidized housing + subsidized utilities + free phone = ? $ per year

What ever that total is, would rival most working family incomes. There would be enough money left over for a car payment.
In some states folks that work the system can bring in $30 to $50K per year of bennies.

chippie":aclczx65 said:
TexasBred":aclczx65 said:

and most importantly they vote.....

I think election day and tax day should be the same day and your paid taxes reciept should be your voter registration card.....

pdfangus":317h8v0x said:
chippie":317h8v0x said:
TexasBred":317h8v0x said:

and most importantly they vote.....

I think election day and tax day should be the same day and your paid taxes reciept should be your voter registration card.....
That is the best idea I have heard in a while. That would sure change things for the better. I bet'cha.

Latest posts