Grocery store experience..

Help Support CattleToday:

saltbranch

Reaction score
My wife is out of commission with a broken ankle, sooo I am the G-store shopper for now. Today I run in to get a few things, get in line. I started paying attention to what this young couple had on the belt in front of me, 8 of this, 6 of that, 10 of this.....I thought crap,,a couponer. Oh no, its Lone Star Card baby!! 260.00 worth of groceries costed them 17.00 out of pocket. These 2 had plenty of cash for Tats,that was obvious. I was floored, but it gets better. I pay cash for my stuff, get to my truck and they are across the row from me loading this bounty up in a 2-3 yr old(at most) top of line Toyota 4-Runner.
Maybe theres more to it than what I saw....but it just dont add up to me.

It would be a good guess that they are both drawing disability, and welfare on any children that they have. Subsidized housing and utilities probably in the mix. Not a bad deal really.

No I would never live that way. Google Jason Greenslate. This guy takes the prize. He spends his entire monthly food stamp allotment on sushi and lobster.

I know a young couple who has his kids her kids and there kids. Both were working and getting by but barely. She lost her job and has not found one yet. He has had the same job for the last 6 or 7 years. Brings home about 300.00 a week. They do not qualify for food stamps, with 6 kids to feed and clothe. They are about to lose there house. They are good people, maybe not to smart but good people anyway. Yet the surfer dude get his.

That is just plain SICK! If that was one of my kids, I would be bringing them home from the beach by the hair on their head!
Now I can't wait to hear my alarm go off at 4:30 am so I can go to work for a piece of shyt like that to sit around and eat lobster and sushi!

Hey I personally know a whole family that's like that, it's like when you see them they brag and rub it in that they don't work and I along with alot if others do to support them.

Just seems like people have no shame to be on the TAKE. I just wander how many Americans could make a video like that boy did, and not be ashamed at all.

jasonleonard":89cadw75 said:
Just seems like people have no shame to be on the TAKE. I just wander how many Americans could make a video like that boy did, and not be ashamed at all.
Around half I guess.

In a way It kinda carries over into some poeple that do work also. I have had employees and know a lot of people that are this way, that would rather work less, not as hard, make less money and just get by, than to work harder and get ahead.

I can sum up our problems up with one word... "Accountability"! We now have an entire genereation of folks who will not take any accountability for there own personal actions.

Just take a look at how far we have swung into this direction... Kids get in trouble at school and the parents want to blame teachers (heaven knows it couldn't be there their kids fault)!

Slip and fall at Wal Mart... must have been something they did wrong! I think they owe me something!!

And then there's the hot coffee from McDonalds... we all know how that one turned out.

We all need to wake up and start being accountable for our own actions as well as our own destinations! What makes people think that they are "Entitled" to anything other than what they can do for themselves???

Makes me sick to my stomach!

See it every time I go to store. Little kids dressed in dirty pajamas, and pretty filthy themselves. Yet the parent issporting $100s of dollars in tattoos and buying wine and cigs with cash or debit card. Sadly, it is normal :(

Stories like this really pisses me off!! 2009 I was laid off had to sale cattle to live, got a job 10 months into the job was hit head on by a truck then smashed by 2 others, had to learn to walk again and all that. Well I did apply for food stamps, I had no income at all, denied, WHY because I received too much in disability 1000 a month. I've worked all my life I take no pleasure in having to ask for it, but life happens, I get that. But @#$ it's these freeloaders that's really causing problems for someone who really needs the help.
Then I hear people saying you should've said this and that on the app. I get the Lone Star card, and this person works. I'm like where is the shame I mean really!!! When I see folk all tatted up with kids, but pulls out that card I turn beet red and I'm nowhere near white. Stop laying up having kids you know d@# well you can't take care of. The money you spended getting branded could have been used on some nice slacks and getting a class so you can better yourself thus getting off of us that have worked hard all our lives and want more out of life than where we are. But I'm considered stupid in some circles because I'm getting off of disability and going to work.
I don't want to live my life on hand outs!!
I could go on and on but get shut up at this point!!!

texast":290cgzfc said:
Stories like this really be nice me off!! 2009 I was laid off had to sale cattle to live, got a job 10 months into the job was hit head on by a truck then smashed by 2 others, had to learn to walk again and all that. Well I did apply for food stamps, I had no income at all, denied, WHY because I received too much in disability 1000 a month. I've worked all my life I take no pleasure in having to ask for it, but life happens, I get that. But @#$ it's these freeloaders that's really causing problems for someone who really needs the help.
Then I hear people saying you should've said this and that on the app. I get the Lone Star card, and this person works. I'm like where is the shame I mean really!!! When I see folk all tatted up with kids, but pulls out that card I turn beet red and I'm nowhere near white. Stop laying up having kids you know d@# well you can't take care of. The money you spended getting branded could have been used on some nice slacks and getting a class so you can better yourself thus getting off of us that have worked hard all our lives and want more out of life than where we are. But I'm considered stupid in some circles because I'm getting off of disability and going to work.
I don't want to live my life on hand outs!!
I could go on and on but get shut up at this point!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

A year or so ago I was in the grocery store - lady in front of me had a shopping cart heaped over the top with groceries. 3 kids. I was thinking - wow that is going to cost a fortune - rang up to $360. I had never seen a bill like that for groceries. Well, guess what, whips out the lone star card. Follow her out to the parking lot. Would anyone like to guess what she is loading the groceries into? A brand new Cadillac Escalade - dealer plates. I go and get in my old silverado with 218,000 miles after having my a$$ kicked at work all day. How depressing - there is something wrong these days in this country......it's enough to make you puke thinking about it.

Red Bull Breeder":3vtmur2r said:
I know a young couple who has his kids her kids and there kids. Both were working and getting by but barely. She lost her job and has not found one yet. He has had the same job for the last 6 or 7 years. Brings home about 300.00 a week. They do not qualify for food stamps, with 6 kids to feed and clothe. They are about to lose there house. They are good people, maybe not to smart but good people anyway. Yet the surfer dude get his.

maybe they shouldn't have had 6 kids-then- a little birth control may help them out

GMN":20ny6ztx said:
Red Bull Breeder":20ny6ztx said:

maybe they shouldn't have had 6 kids-then- a little birth control may help them out

Are you suggesting retractive birth control? I know you aren't, but it could be read that way. I don't begrudge this case the help. Seems like they are pretty stable.
Y'know, Egypt is going up in flames and for all the talk about Islam--it is about food. Subsidized bread was an entitlement. The govt reduced the subsidy considerably, and without discussion. Heck followed.
The French revolution was a reaction to famine. Did not go well for Marie Antoinette.

I'm just saying.......
guillotine2.jpg