Greetings from Scout - checking in again

Help Support CattleToday:

Scout

Reaction score
Not sure who is still roaming around these parts, but just wanted to give a shout out to some of the old(er) members... I can still taste that shrimp at Crowder's place. Good times.

Yes. We were lucky to have gas appliances and a generator handy. Some were not. Our power was out for about 35 hours but some didn't have it from Sunday to Friday. It was something else. Some corn is flat. I don't know if a reel will help or not when they shell it. The leaves on the trees are 'burned' by the wind. From what I hear, there wasn't much down your way compared to up here.

Scout":3ebipjut said:
Yes. We were lucky to have gas appliances and a generator handy. Some were not. Our power was out for about 35 hours but some didn't have it from Sunday to Friday. It was something else. Some corn is flat. I don't know if a reel will help or not when they shell it. The leaves on the trees are 'burned' by the wind. From what I hear, there wasn't much down your way compared to up here.
We had wind but Ohio and Muhlenberg counties got it pretty good. Some trees down around here but not like it was up north. Louisville got it bad.

I've been in the same place :) Still teaching and working...

Bama":fh06sy4x said:
Good to hear from you.

It's getting about the right time of year again for your elk chili/stew you fixed for us couple of years back... if I hadn't been so full from crawdads, veggies, and barbecue I would've foundered on it too!

Hope all is well for you.

I'm pretty new here and I believe this is the first post by you I've seen Scout but as a fellow Kentuckian I want to say howdy. Glad you didn't have it too bad up or down or whichever is your way. :D

Latest posts