great start to new year!!! (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

i dont know if he will fit in my camera. this fellas a XXL, triple XL too..

cypressfarms":1rllp0u3 said:
Beefy":1rllp0u3 said:
what do you work on? our kitchen adn den is made of cypress cut from our farm.

Just about anything. I've made everything from beds, tables, armoirs,blanket chests,chess boards, etc etc etc. Favorite is guitars, which combines two hobbies.

Our house has cabinets made of cypress that I salvaged from a barn that my grandfather built back in the 20's. Nail holes and everything.

Cypress tress can get really old. not uncommon here to have trees 150 to 200 years old. A friend of mine has a mill, and they only cut cypress. He's cut boards 3 feet wide before. Had to quit counting growth rings after a while.

yeah, i love cypress trees. we've got a few with trunks bigger than a truck. i planted some in teh ponds this year while they were pumped low. nothing like fishing in the cypress knees.

Beefy":3w2vap7b said:
are there other seasons besides summer and winter? i know construction season overlaps these two..

We basically have winter and summer - fall and spring make a short appearance, but tend to get overshadowed by winter and summer - although they can make an appearance later when one would least expect them to show up, say during December or March/April/May! The only thing predictable about the weather up here is the unpredicatability!

I ended 2005 with 2 heifers shorthorn bull reg. angus cows.Then started 2006 by pulling a dead bull calf that had ripped its navel and died in the mom.He was a blue roan that made me feel even worse.

csangus":2b3sm913 said:
I ended 2005 with 2 heifers shorthorn bull reg. angus cows.Then started 2006 by pulling a dead bull calf that had ripped its navel and died in the mom.He was a blue roan that made me feel even worse.

Bad luck cs, hate it when that happens. The same thing happened to me last september: a calf aborted where the navel was severed. Only I caused it by working them and moving them two days before.

Hope your 2006 will get better!

Latest posts