Grazon P+D

Help Support CattleToday:

I knew that it was in MO and figured it was in other states. Just something I thought maybe folks looking to use it should know. The good part is that it's pretty easy to get a license and it doesn;t cost anything, at least in MO.

dun

In Alabama you have to take a test. Your license is good for three years. You have to renew then for I thinks it was $10.00

Y'all have it good. In Texas, you have to go to a class, pass a test, give the Texas Department of Agriculture $60.00 for a license that is good for 5 years and then get 15 continuing educatuion units in order to renew at the end of 5 years + $60.00 for renewal.

Look at some of the stuff in household cleaners. Its worse than most things I buy for killing weeds. That stuff you can buy at Wal-mart.

denoginnizer":s8y59c7u said:
Will this eliminate mowing?

The way I look why do I want to fetilize weeds and cut grass(feed).
With the cost of fuel grazon is more attarctive this year than ever. I haven't mowed a pasture in years. I can't see it being miuch different for you as go from East Texas to Ga. you can't tell the difference.

it will not totally elimanate mowing. You wont be mowing weeds though. I have a lot of fescue that will get tall. I mow it when it heads out to encourage new growth.

Bama":2y0bzrfb said:
it will not totally elimanate mowing. You wont be mowing weeds though. I have a lot of fescue that will get tall. I mow it when it heads out to encourage new growth.

Have you considered cutting the pasture into a smaller section with a temporary hot wire to make the cattle eat the grass to a more uniform height and then move the fence.

yea, I do that to a certain extent. But I like to let the fescue seed out and then cut it .