Grazon Next Application Rate

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I'm looking to spray some Grazon Next on my pastures..Two questions

1. Amount of Grazon? I am borrowing a 200 gal sprayer that I was told will spray 22 gallons an acre at 5 mph. Am I understanding correctly that I need between 3 and 5 oz per 3 gallons of water?

2. I'd like to mix some triclopyr for woodies on some other areas with Grazon. Any suggestions?

JeremyPhillips75 said:
I'm looking to spray some Grazon Next on my pastures..Two questions

1. Amount of Grazon? I am borrowing a 200 gal sprayer that I was told will spray 22 gallons an acre at 5 mph. Am I understanding correctly that I need between 3 and 5 oz per 3 gallons of water?

2. I'd like to mix some triclopyr for woodies on some other areas with Grazon. Any suggestions?

I am not trying to be a Smart Azz here, but the package directions should tell you everything you need to know. And please spray responsibly and be aware of what legumes it will kill also.

Two gallons of grazon , a half gallon of triclopyr , six silver bullets and your loaded for 9 acres.

If you got alot of Woody crap go a gallon of the remedy, or better yet pasturegaurd your probably gonna burn the grass a bit though.

You might see if you can turn the pressure down some to where your water volume is about 15 gallons of mix per acre. The mixture that Fence mentioned will work at this rate and you won't have to refill as often.

My sprayer is 335 gallons. It is set at 30 psi and puts out 15 gallons per acre to give me 22 acres per load at 4 MPH.

Don't forget to use a good surfacatant at about a quart per 100 gallons.

I am presently using Top Surf. Its a 80/20 Non-Ionic Surfactant from WinField or Activator 90 from Nutrien. . I'm really not sure there is much difference between those and others its just from where I bought my chemical this year (winfield) and last (Nurtrien). All the big chemical houses have their own product.

They are all probably about the same. My point is to use a good product and not something like Ivory soap or the cheap stuff from the farm store.

If you have something really tough to kill, increase your surf to get better results. For me its cedar elm trees and green briar. The extra surf will make the chemical stay on the plant a little longer for good absorption.

Latest posts