grazing websites

Help Support CattleToday:

Larry, I tried to get the site you have listed, and I am not finding it. I wondered if part of the address was chopped off. The site that Bobg gave, has a lot of information on it. Bobg, you must keep up on your grazing program. You gave me the list for seed germination times that I looked for so long. Thanks!

Chuckie,

I work with cool season grasses and deal with germination rates and that type of stuff. In my area southeastern Washington pasture is at a premium, so I only run a few head. I use rotational grazing on my place and it has been working very well. I'm going to do some frost seeding of clover this coming winter/spring to improve it.

Bobg

Bobg, Do you do this kind of work outside of the farm? Pasture is our cheapest feed. It also is the best feed. I am always reading what I can to try to improve the soil conditions for the grass. Taking care of the soil, takes care of the grass, which takes care of the cattle that takes care of me.

Chuckie,

I work for the USDA ARS Plant Introduction and Testing. We are simply put a genetic seed bank, I deal with cool season grasses and safflower. This area is strictly small grains, they can produce 120 bushel of wheat per acre and this is dry land. Most of the fences in this area have gone unkept and/or bulldozed into holes and covered up. Pasture is cheap when you can find it, about $8.00 for a pair. I just have a few head so I've been shuffling them from pasture to pasture over the summer, but it gets pretty old.

Latest posts