Grapette Just for Fun

Help Support CattleToday:

wacocowboy":haa68bve said:
Bright Raven":haa68bve said:
slick4591":haa68bve said:
Would you pay $650.00 for this bottle?

Most people probably wouldn't and I don't guess I could blame them. I've been collecting Grapette memorabilia for about 25 years and bought that bottle 22 years ago for $500.00. I've come to realize none of my kids give a crap about my collection and it would either end up in a garage sale for a pittance or trashed after the wife and I are gone. I've been kicking that thought around for a while and have decided to liquidate the collection. Just ran this bottle on Ebay and didn't sell, but a guy contacted me and said he wanted it if I would let him pay it out, so I'm selling.

Dennis,
I am going through the same phase of my life. For example, I have a case knife collection. Some very nice pieces. If I passed away tonight, my son might sell them for a fraction of their value or put them in the attic to rust away. I need to sell them and send him a nice IRA contribution.

I also have some very nice trophy mounts. Bighorn sheep, pronghorn, elk, mule deer, Rocky Mountain Goat, Bushbuck, Kudu, Cape Buffalo, Eland, etc. I need to dispose of those too. Material possessions that I don't use on a regular basis no longer have the appeal they once did.

If you ever have time I would love to see photos of the knives and mounts. I have a knife collection should be bigger but had some stolen. My dad gets me the Case Christmas knife every year. I think they are neat wish I had somewhere to display them.
jqhtlc.jpg

I have focused on:
Folding Hunters
Trappers
The Clasp series including the Buffalo and Bulldog
The shark series including the Mako, Hammerhead, Sharktooth
The sunfish series including the Elephant toe.

Bright Raven":353p8dm5 said:
wacocowboy":353p8dm5 said:
Bright Raven":353p8dm5 said:
Dennis,
I am going through the same phase of my life. For example, I have a case knife collection. Some very nice pieces. If I passed away tonight, my son might sell them for a fraction of their value or put them in the attic to rust away. I need to sell them and send him a nice IRA contribution.

I also have some very nice trophy mounts. Bighorn sheep, pronghorn, elk, mule deer, Rocky Mountain Goat, Bushbuck, Kudu, Cape Buffalo, Eland, etc. I need to dispose of those too. Material possessions that I don't use on a regular basis no longer have the appeal they once did.

If you ever have time I would love to see photos of the knives and mounts. I have a knife collection should be bigger but had some stolen. My dad gets me the Case Christmas knife every year. I think they are neat wish I had somewhere to display them.
jqhtlc.jpg

I have focused on:
Folding Hunters
Trappers

Thanks for posting they sure are nice. If I was standing in front of them I'd have to borrow a mop to clean up the puddle of drool.

wacocowboy":19jf079o said:
Bright Raven":19jf079o said:
wacocowboy":19jf079o said:
jqhtlc.jpg

I have focused on:
Folding Hunters
Trappers

Thanks for posting they sure are nice. If I was standing in front of them I'd have to borrow a mop to clean up the puddle of drool.

You are more than welcome. I got several of the Clasp Case knives and Sunfish with the etchings. Most are mint. I only handle them with gloves on.

Bright Raven":38zeql80 said:
wacocowboy":38zeql80 said:
Bright Raven":38zeql80 said:
jqhtlc.jpg

I have focused on:
Folding Hunters
Trappers

You are more than welcome. I got several of the Clasp Case knives and Sunfish with the etchings. Most are mint. I only handle them with gloves on.

How long did it take you to put that collection together?

wacocowboy":wfzlp0hc said:
Bright Raven":wfzlp0hc said:
wacocowboy":wfzlp0hc said:

That is part of my collection. I started collecting about 2000. I had several knives before that but was not actively collecting.

wacocowboy":jeglme6d said:
Bright Raven":jeglme6d said:
wacocowboy":jeglme6d said:
jqhtlc.jpg

I have focused on:
Folding Hunters
Trappers

Same here. Great collection raven

Bright Raven":3muxagr3 said:
Dennis,

Any way I can get in your will?

I dont collect anything but I buy guns and knives when I can. I don't have a lot of either. The only thing I have that might be considered collectable is a Beatles lonely hearts club band record. It's in pretty good shape except one small detail. My mama thought it would be cool to write here name in the top right of the cover. She said it's what all the kids were doing.

Bright Raven":3n9kpcsr said:
wacocowboy":3n9kpcsr said:
Bright Raven":3n9kpcsr said:

That is part of my collection. I started collecting about 2000. I had several knives before that but was not actively collecting.

Well you sure have put together a fine collection. :tiphat: