Grand Canyon Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

*Cowgirl*

Reaction score
I'm not the best photographer, after a while (bout 300 pics) I gave up trying to capture the scenes. But when I was standing there I thought. How can someone look at this and believe that there is no God?

100_1643.jpg

100_1612.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

100_1708.jpg

*Cowgirl*":18pysuvn said:
I'm not the best photographer,

I thought you did a great job on the pictures and the expression of your awe.

Those were great pictures. It must have been humbling being there.
To answer your question I don't know but then when I look at a newborn that is enough for me.

"Washouts" come in different degrees.

That's the biggest one I've seen yet. ;-)

cowboy44":kcqxopnj said:
Wonder how many acres it would take to run a cow on that kind of land ?

:lol: Yeah, just think how tough it'd be banding the newborns. :lol: I think even Caustic would agree a horse might just be useful in this operation. :lol:

Very nice pictures. I need to see that place someday. Did you get to go out on that new walkway over the canyon edge?

Thse are great pictures. We want to go sometime, as neither one of us has been. We also really want to see Mount Rushmore.

Again, really lovely pics. :heart:

Awesome.

I lived and worked there the summer of 1990. I never cared much for it until I took a river trip with one of the ParK Rangers on a 12 foot rubber raft. What a blast! I really appreciated it after being on the bottom and looking up. It made me think of how small I really am in this world, but also how fortunate I was to experience it. Plus, the Ranger showed me some stuff the tourists were allowed to see.

Some day, I'll digitize those pictures and create a movie or something.

Good pics cowgirl!

I visited the canyon 4 to 5 years ago. Hiked down the trail for a couple of hours.

For me it was actually more awe inspiring looking down from the rim across the canyon. I must have sat there for at least a couple of hours thinking thoughts of how insignificant I am (no self pity here) compared to the almost timeless beauty of the canyon. Definitely a religious type experience, that's for sure. That was a few of the best hours of my life there looking across the canyon from the south side.

Thanks for reminding me!

We just returned from one of the few vacations we have taken. We took the kids and hiked down to the Havasupai Indian Village and it was an awesome trip. There is no access to this village unless you go down the trail on foot or horse (or mule) or take a helicopter in. When the kids made the 4 hour hike down in 100 degrees with their packs, they learned a lot about themselves. They learned all it takes is a little gumption, lots of water, rests every hour, and a promise of a $3.00 ice cream sandwich at the end of the trail. Really, it was a terrific trip and very spiritual. And they loved the falls and swimming!

Latest posts