Grain Fed Beef VS Grass Fed Beef

Help Support CattleToday:

This subject comes up one way or another. And turns into a big argument. Nothing settled. I eat grassfed. Its what I have. With that said. Good genetics, good grass= good beef. Grading at choice or better. No grassy taste if grazing good grass, no wheat. I have found that most people do not take a grassfed to finish. Almost always light, which usually equals lean.

well i can settle it before it blows up into a big fight.both ways taste good.an yes the grassfed beef is leaner.because grass doesnt marble the meat much if any.an there isnt a layer of fat covering the meat.where as grain feeding awhile before butchering puts a layer of marbling.

Am eating on a bunch of grass fed Limousine grass beef right now. It is more lean but what the heck...the flavor is out of this world. Tell'em it's grain fed and they love it....tell'em it's grass fed and they may hate it.....and vice versa.........same darn cow. :(

Sugarman":3k0mdisp said:
Which one tastes better??

Which tastes better: Chocolate ice cream or vanilla? Pecan pie or pumpkin pie?

I think grain fed tastes better. But that's just my opinion and everyone has their own.

Latest posts