Government Welfare

Help Support CattleToday:

johndeerefarmer":mwzpq59v said:
Caustic Burno":mwzpq59v said:
aplusmnt":mwzpq59v said:
Frankie":mwzpq59v said:
I wasn't talking about assistance after a tornado. I'm talking about the tornado warning systems in place today to warn people that one's coming. It saves lives. It's paid for by the government. Is that ok? Or is that welfare, too?

You are not even comparing Apples to Oranges here, you are comparing Apples to Bacon.

Big difference in programs such as Police, Fire and Tornado Warning Systems than programs that help the bottom line of an individual business.

Bottom line is is should be our responsibility to either make it or fail in a business endeavor. Rather that be opening a McDonald's, Janitor business, feed store or running a Farm. It is not the Governments job to take our tax dollars and subsidies hand chosen businesses.

It is their job to provide us with Police, Fire Departments, Tornado Warning Systems an Army and other necessities to run a Country. That is what are tax dollars are suppose to be for, not all the Social programs that it has grown into.

I agree everyone in the community benefits from the warning system. Lot of difference in a system to save lives than one with a hand out.
I have no problem if a major storm takes out your stuff and the government steps in and gives you a helping hand. That is tax money well spent helping Americans.
Anyone that takes a section 8 or farm subsidy are leaches on the American taxpayer.

Have you ever been a row crop farmer or a dairy farmer? If you haven't then you can't speak for them.

There government check different? Come from another countries taxpayers?

Caustic Burno":2vbkkhb5 said:
johndeerefarmer":2vbkkhb5 said:
Caustic Burno":2vbkkhb5 said:
aplusmnt":2vbkkhb5 said:
Frankie":2vbkkhb5 said:
I wasn't talking about assistance after a tornado. I'm talking about the tornado warning systems in place today to warn people that one's coming. It saves lives. It's paid for by the government. Is that ok? Or is that welfare, too?

You are not even comparing Apples to Oranges here, you are comparing Apples to Bacon.

Big difference in programs such as Police, Fire and Tornado Warning Systems than programs that help the bottom line of an individual business.

Bottom line is is should be our responsibility to either make it or fail in a business endeavor. Rather that be opening a McDonald's, Janitor business, feed store or running a Farm. It is not the Governments job to take our tax dollars and subsidies hand chosen businesses.

It is their job to provide us with Police, Fire Departments, Tornado Warning Systems an Army and other necessities to run a Country. That is what are tax dollars are suppose to be for, not all the Social programs that it has grown into.

I agree everyone in the community benefits from the warning system. Lot of difference in a system to save lives than one with a hand out.
I have no problem if a major storm takes out your stuff and the government steps in and gives you a helping hand. That is tax money well spent helping Americans.
Anyone that takes a section 8 or farm subsidy are leaches on the American taxpayer.

Have you ever been a row crop farmer or a dairy farmer? If you haven't then you can't speak for them.

The point being if you haven't been in their shoes you don't know whether you could make it on $2.00 corn or not (without subsidies).
I do agree though that the Ethanol subsidy that is making corn worth $4 a bushel is wrong.........

There's a heck of a difference between Subsidies and Cost Share Programs. Two totally opposite subjects.I'm all for Cost Share money, if the individual plans on making a "go" of an operation.

That Dollar is going to make improvements available as far as a more desireable product, us as producers will be selling at the Sale Barn, and providing environmental protection, such as cross fencing, and waterers, etc.

My biggest worry with some cost share assitance is fraud. People buying handling facilities, such as sweeps, and chutes, and getting State monies, and then selling what they bought, a few months later.

Frankie":sfrh4753 said:
Wewild":sfrh4753 said:
Frankie":sfrh4753 said:
Do you have a farm truck tag?

I've never heard of a farm tag. Do we have them in Ga? Is that a State thing or country wide?

Don't know if you have them in GA. Probably not or you'd have one. :lol:

In OK if you have an Ag exemption, you can buy a farm tag for a vehicle use primarily for ag purposes. I think it's $25 a year, much less what a regular tag would cost for our truck. Once upon a time, it was much easier to get one. You just told the tag agent it was for ag use and got the tag. Now you have to present a state ag card.

It must be a State thing or maybe not. We don't have a Ag exemption. Tax difference couldn't be much in terms of dollars as our true farm vehicles are 8 years old at the youngest.

There is a difference between state, local and federal taxes.

Can you tell me which one welfare comes from?

johndeerefarmer":3vj0pkz7 said:
Caustic Burno":3vj0pkz7 said:
johndeerefarmer":3vj0pkz7 said:
Caustic Burno":3vj0pkz7 said:
aplusmnt":3vj0pkz7 said:
Frankie":3vj0pkz7 said:

The point being if you haven't been in their shoes you don't know whether you could make it on $2.00 corn or not (without subsidies).
I do agree though that the Ethanol subsidy that is making corn worth $4 a bushel is wrong.........

Point being if they can't farm without being subsidised get out of the business. I am tired of paying for people who can't do.
All this does is breeds the next generation of can't doers that have to be paid for by those who can.

i dont farm tag my trucks...but if you do dont you have to keep them with in so many miles of your farm?

medic_941":xdwb940b said:
i dont farm tag my trucks...but if you do dont you have to keep them with in so many miles of your farm?
Some States have milage restrictions. I run Farm Plates on one of our Trucks, and regular plates on the others.

Crowderfarms":246g3l6t said:
medic_941":246g3l6t said:
Some States have milage restrictions. I run Farm Plates on one of our Trucks, and regular plates on the others.

I don't run farm tags can't pull the boat when I want to go fishing or hunting up the river.

medic_941":ocidxp99 said:

Not in OK. There's no special restrictions on their use. We've hauled cattle a long way from home. You're just supposed to use it primarily for an ag enterprise.

As far as I know, our farm tags don't have any restrictions.

In fact it costs more than a regular tag, but we don't have to buy a tag for every farm trailer.

Frankie":10riz81o said:
medic_941":10riz81o said:

Not in OK. There's no special restrictions on their use. We've hauled cattle a long way from home. You're just supposed to use it primarily for an ag enterprise.

Do you run off road fuel when you haul cattle a long way from home?

MikeC":1ri8h1nq said:
As far as I know, our farm tags don't have any restrictions.

In fact it costs more than a regular tag, but we don't have to buy a tag for every farm trailer.
Most of the Trailers here are Tag Exempt.(under a certain length & GVW)

Texas:

The license plates are meant to give a financial break to farmers. Aside from uses that directly relate to farming, they may only be used for trips to church, school and for errands related to the household.

Wewild":3ew80lu8 said:
Frankie":3ew80lu8 said:
medic_941":3ew80lu8 said:

Our truck isn't a diesel.

johndeerefarmer":i89glthh said:

We have.

Have you answered my question?

I don't think I will get one.

Frankie":2sz1owk7 said:
Wewild":2sz1owk7 said:

Our truck isn't a diesel.

I didn't figure you for a diesel. How about the tax exempt gasoline?

Latest posts