Government Welfare

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt":1zwawh04 said:
You are not even comparing Apples to Oranges here, you are comparing Apples to Bacon.

Big difference in programs such as Police, Fire and Tornado Warning Systems than programs that help the bottom line of an individual business.

Bottom line is is should be our responsibility to either make it or fail in a business endeavor. Rather that be opening a McDonald's, Janitor business, feed store or running a Farm. It is not the Governments job to take our tax dollars and subsidies hand chosen businesses.

It is their job to provide us with Police, Fire Departments, Tornado Warning Systems an Army and other necessities to run a Country. That is what are tax dollars are suppose to be for, not all the Social programs that it has grown into.

Who said that's what our tax dollars are supposed to be spent for? I pay taxes; I'm perfectly happy that the cost share program is available. I'm perfectly happy that tornado warning systems are available. AND I'm perfectly happy that Medicare is available for the elderly in our country.

dont think giving you money to build a pond or fix your land is the same as medicare to take care of the elderly...and to be honest...you problay are better taken care of by the goverment then they are

I'm feeling neglected as Frankie won't respond to my questions.

Seems like that is about the same it's always been.

medic_941":z60tqcfx said:
i cant beleive you honeslty think its the samething...a tax break is not the same as a hand out

Saying it over and over doesn't make it true; I'm not getting a hand out. Neither one of us is paying the full price. I pay a share of the cost for a project; the government pays a share. You pay a share of the cost of a sack of feed; the horse owner (for example) without an ag expemption pays the full amount. Who makes up that tax you didn't pay?

Do you have a farm truck tag? Does the general population pay more for their tags to make up for farm tags on the road? Does your truck wear the road just as much as a non-farm truck? Then why should you get a discount on your tag?

Frankie":1y7v8l23 said:
Do you have a farm truck tag?

I've never heard of a farm tag. Do we have them in Ga? Is that a State thing or country wide?

Do you pay taxes on cattle feed?

Frankie -- those are business expenses and no business pays tax on business expenses

johndeerefarmer":14bdpw5a said:
medic_941":14bdpw5a said:
i cant beleive you honeslty think its the samething...a tax break is not the same as a hand out

It's exactly the same thing....

You got to be kiddin. Help me understand one example ... how you can get back more than you pay in?

if it makes you sleep better at night to say not paying taxs on a bag of feed is the same are the goverment paying half of what you do to your farm then by all means go ahead....

Alice":25z23dz0 said:
VanC":25z23dz0 said:
Alice":25z23dz0 said:
...gibberish, ad nauseum gibberish, highschool gibberish, nanny nanny boo boo gibberish.

This is plagarism. Taken word for word from Algore's latest book. Alice, you should be ashamed. :p

I am...I'm hanging my head now...shaking it back and forth...crying, screaming, gnashing my teeth...hoping that the literary police don't come crashing thru the door...

Psyche!

Alice

Keep your chin up, girl. The literary police have bigger fish to fry. Besides, I have connections and can keep them off your back, for a price. All you have to do is type the words "President George W. Bush is the finest president that ever lived and I wish he could run for a third term" and post it for all to see. ;-)

Wewild":26xerizq said:
johndeerefarmer":26xerizq said:
medic_941":26xerizq said:

It's exactly the same thing....

You got to be kiddin. Help me understand one example ... how you can get back more than you pay in?

You just don't understand that not paying sales tax on farm goods is a handout, just like crop subsidies.
Go back and read my post about all of the ways that you are taking advantage of the gov't then tell me how any of these are different than getting funds for livestock drought assistance, EQUIP etc. It's all money that you could have left for someone else to use.
I pay in and I choose to get back all I can. If you are too lazy or to stupid to know how to fill out the forms,then that's your problem.. :roll:

johndeerefarmer":25ukl3kg said:
too lazy or to stupid to know how to fill out the forms,then that's your problem.. :roll:

You never answered the question and you seem to like to say that if I'm not like you I am stupid or lazy.

Can you answer the question I asked in the first post to you?

Frankie":3i2x5gny said:
Caustic Burno":3i2x5gny said:
alftn":3i2x5gny said:
CB Do you use tax right offs?????O'by the way Bush has done more for farm bills than anyone is the past 20 years...I got more welfare...If you do not like it change the system..

Every American has tax writeoff's. Not every American gets subsidized by the Government for doing nothing. Subsidy and welfare are the same things you are getting paid not to produce.

They're not doing "nothing." If a rancher/farmer sets aside land that he could be producing off of to preserve wildlife native to his area, he's getting paid for that land (a buffer). I think that's great.

My dad couldn't have afforded to stop up all the creeks and canyons that were washing this place away 50 years ago, but by teaming up with the government, he slowed down the erosion. I don't guess we'll ever stop it. This land was a cotton farm once. I think stopping soil erosion is good use of tax dollars. We've used government money to improve some of the stock ponds that he put in place and build more.

Tell me, Caustic, since you have all the answers: should I give the place to a rich guy who can afford to pay for that dirtwork himself? Or just let the place wash away?

Its still welfare if the government tax dollars were not there to bale you out you would either fix it or get out of the business.
Tell me why other Americans should fix your place? What makes you special, that others have to pay your way?

VanC":1381eozg said:
Alice":1381eozg said:
VanC":1381eozg said:
Alice":1381eozg said:
...gibberish, ad nauseum gibberish, highschool gibberish, nanny nanny boo boo gibberish.

This is plagarism. Taken word for word from Algore's latest book. Alice, you should be ashamed. :p

I am...I'm hanging my head now...shaking it back and forth...crying, screaming, gnashing my teeth...hoping that the literary police don't come crashing thru the door...

Psyche!

Alice

Keep your chin up, girl. The literary police have bigger fish to fry. Besides, I have connections and can keep them off your back, for a price. All you have to do is type the words "President George W. Bush is the finest president that ever lived and I wish he could run for a third term" and post it for all to see. ;-)

How very kind of you, Van, however I'll have to take a pass on that generous offer. In fact, they won't have to break down the door. I'll have my purse over my shouldar and my wrists stuck out read to have the bracelets locked in place. :p

Alice

aplusmnt":30qigpuu said:
Frankie":30qigpuu said:
I wasn't talking about assistance after a tornado. I'm talking about the tornado warning systems in place today to warn people that one's coming. It saves lives. It's paid for by the government. Is that ok? Or is that welfare, too?

You are not even comparing Apples to Oranges here, you are comparing Apples to Bacon.

Big difference in programs such as Police, Fire and Tornado Warning Systems than programs that help the bottom line of an individual business.

Bottom line is is should be our responsibility to either make it or fail in a business endeavor. Rather that be opening a McDonald's, Janitor business, feed store or running a Farm. It is not the Governments job to take our tax dollars and subsidies hand chosen businesses.

It is their job to provide us with Police, Fire Departments, Tornado Warning Systems an Army and other necessities to run a Country. That is what are tax dollars are suppose to be for, not all the Social programs that it has grown into.

I agree everyone in the community benefits from the warning system. Lot of difference in a system to save lives than one with a hand out.
I have no problem if a major storm takes out your stuff and the government steps in and gives you a helping hand. That is tax money well spent helping Americans.
Anyone that takes a section 8 or farm subsidy are leaches on the American taxpayer.

The most amazing part about this thread is that you think that other Americans owe you.
To stupid to fill the forms is classic what makes you different than the guy in the projects? You still took American taxpayer dollars you didn't earn. Read the definition of subsidy and when you look in the mirror you will be looking at a welfare recipant.

Caustic Burno":1bpbjd1j said:
Its still welfare if the government tax dollars were not there to bale you out you would either fix it or get out of the business.
Tell me why other Americans should fix your place? What makes you special, that others have to pay your way?

It's not welfare. Nothing makes me so special. Every farmer/rancher in the country that qualifies can use the same cost share program that I use. :lol: Even you.

Do you have a farm tag on your truck? How do you justify that?

Wewild":3mwylpuk said:
Frankie":3mwylpuk said:
Do you have a farm truck tag?

I've never heard of a farm tag. Do we have them in Ga? Is that a State thing or country wide?

Don't know if you have them in GA. Probably not or you'd have one. :lol:

In OK if you have an Ag exemption, you can buy a farm tag for a vehicle use primarily for ag purposes. I think it's $25 a year, much less what a regular tag would cost for our truck. Once upon a time, it was much easier to get one. You just told the tag agent it was for ag use and got the tag. Now you have to present a state ag card.

One farmer here got over 4.1 million, an he,s one of the board members.
Looks like the Fox in the chicken house .

Caustic Burno":319dcrsk said:
aplusmnt":319dcrsk said:
Frankie":319dcrsk said:
I wasn't talking about assistance after a tornado. I'm talking about the tornado warning systems in place today to warn people that one's coming. It saves lives. It's paid for by the government. Is that ok? Or is that welfare, too?

I agree everyone in the community benefits from the warning system. Lot of difference in a system to save lives than one with a hand out.
I have no problem if a major storm takes out your stuff and the government steps in and gives you a helping hand. That is tax money well spent helping Americans.
Anyone that takes a section 8 or farm subsidy are leaches on the American taxpayer.

Have you ever been a row crop farmer or a dairy farmer? If you haven't then you can't speak for them.

Latest posts