Government Welfare

Help Support CattleToday:

If you need help it seems dumb to me not to take it. Might be part of the reason that there are so few farms today?

Wewild":1iki0283 said:
Frankie":1iki0283 said:
No, the conversation is about government subsidies and assistance. I've used them; will use them again if I think it will help. We didn't apply for any of the drought assistance available this year because we didn't have to sell many cows and got reasonable prices for what we did sell. But I'll pay my taxes anyway.

Why did you stop the nickle and diming this year?

Makes no sense. Looks like a simple personal insult. That shows you don't really have anything to say.

Help who?

Help me, help the land.

You said....

I've used
Will use
Didn't use.

I'm sure I don't understand this statement.

Why not? I've used government programs, will use them again, didn't use them this year. Apparently it was over your head the first time, maybe this time will be better.

Seems you got all the bases covered.

I doubt it, but we're doing our best.

dbc":kzhav26z said:
If you need help it seems dumb to me not to take it. Might be part of the reason that there are so few farms today?

It's not a simple "need help" concerpt. The government doesn't give you money because you "need" it. They will share the cost with you with erosion control, wildlife habitat, and several other programs that benefit not just you, but the land, the community, and environment, too. Some drought years they compensate ranchers for cattle losses because a disaster is declared, same as a hurricane or tornado.

Frankie":23mfzw4a said:
Hey, Alice, personal attacks like this one usually mean he's out of anything else to say.

:lol: Believe me the last thing I am ever out of is things to say, I just be trying harder and harder to keep politics out of Cattletoday, You and Alice makes it hard though.

If I said all I had to say, as soon as it got heated and the Liberal views were getting squashed you would Lock the thread. I do not have the luxury of talking politics and then locking the thread as you do ;-)

Alice knows were most of us on here that welcome talking politics are, she just chooses to make crackpot shots on here instead of talking about them in full detail at Ranchers.net.

Frankie":3otapk85 said:
1. Makes no sense. Looks like a simple personal insult. That shows you don't really have anything to say.

2. Help me, help the land.

3. Why not? I've used government programs, will use them again, didn't use them this year. Apparently it was over your head the first time, maybe this time will be better.

4. I doubt it, but we're doing our best.

I'm gonna try to save some space. See if you can follow.

1. Well well. I missed the personal insult. I just don't believe in welfare.

2. We had some erosion problems. That was back in the 50's which was before my time. A couple of the boys fixed the problem with hard work. I'm sure the problem we had was insignificant compare to the one ya'll were faced with.

3. I see that you need me to help you as you are free to ask because of the way things are structured. We got a hit from the tornadoes in 1994. Messed up 3 farms. I asked dad about getting gov't assistance. He said we aren't about that son. I thank him for my raising. The mess in 1994 is just one instance of how we pulled ourselves up when faced with adversity.

4. Don't worry as you have me and others like me to fall back on when you need help.

Wewild":1yr168cr said:
Frankie":1yr168cr said:
1. Makes no sense. Looks like a simple personal insult. That shows you don't really have anything to say.

2. Help me, help the land.

3. Why not? I've used government programs, will use them again, didn't use them this year. Apparently it was over your head the first time, maybe this time will be better.

4. I doubt it, but we're doing our best.

I'm gonna try to save some space. See if you can follow.

1. Well well. I missed the personal insult. I just don't believe in welfare.

Government cost share programs aren't welfare. Do you have farm tags on your truck? Do you pay taxes on cattle feed?

2. We had some erosion problems. That was back in the 50's which was before my time. A couple of the boys fixed the problem with hard work. I'm sure the problem we had was insignificant compare to the one ya'll were faced with.

A couple of boys couldn't have fixed this place. It's still not "fixed" but it's a lot better than when I was growing up.

3. I see that you need me to help you as you are free to ask because of the way things are structured. We got a hit from the tornadoes in 1994. Messed up 3 farms. I asked dad about getting gov't assistance. He said we aren't about that son. I thank him for my raising. The mess in 1994 is just one instance of how we pulled ourselves up when faced with adversity.

I wasn't talking about assistance after a tornado. I'm talking about the tornado warning systems in place today to warn people that one's coming. It saves lives. It's paid for by the government. Is that ok? Or is that welfare, too?

4. Don't worry as you have me and others like me to fall back on when you need help.

I don't worry. I've worked a lot in my life, raised a family, saved and invested my money. Today I'm back where I call home and am very satisfied. But if I think I can use cost share to improve this land I love, you bet that I'll use it.

Trying to save space again Frankie.

We understand the tax process. We all have the right to write off our expenses like the rest of the folks in the US.

I said I was sure you faced a much bigger problem than us on the land erosion. You got any pictures?

I think the warning systems are good as they are good for all the folks that can hear. I was talking about repairing the damage caused by one. You made refrence to this welfare outlet in another post. Go look back a page.

And if cost share programs aren't welfare, will you send me my money back?

edit for frankie in the first sentence.

aplusmnt":ob32hgwo said:
Frankie":ob32hgwo said:
Hey, Alice, personal attacks like this one usually mean he's out of anything else to say.

:lol: Believe me the last thing I am ever out of is things to say, I just be trying harder and harder to keep politics out of Cattletoday, You and Alice makes it hard though.

If I said all I had to say, as soon as it got heated and the Liberal views were getting squashed you would Lock the thread. I do not have the luxury of talking politics and then locking the thread as you do ;-)

Alice knows were most of us on here that welcome talking politics are, she just chooses to make crackpot shots on here instead of talking about them in full detail at Ranchers.net.

This is becoming real old news...but then again, maybe you think if you type it enough, you'll make it so. And since you seem to think you absolutely must have the last word, I'm granting you your wish...'cause this is all I have to say to your tired, stale, Rancher's net broken record...

Alice

Frankie":ob32hgwo said:
I wasn't talking about assistance after a tornado. I'm talking about the tornado warning systems in place today to warn people that one's coming. It saves lives. It's paid for by the government. Is that ok? Or is that welfare, too?

You are not even comparing Apples to Oranges here, you are comparing Apples to Bacon.

Big difference in programs such as Police, Fire and Tornado Warning Systems than programs that help the bottom line of an individual business.

Bottom line is is should be our responsibility to either make it or fail in a business endeavor. Rather that be opening a McDonald's, Janitor business, feed store or running a Farm. It is not the Governments job to take our tax dollars and subsidies hand chosen businesses.

It is their job to provide us with Police, Fire Departments, Tornado Warning Systems an Army and other necessities to run a Country. That is what are tax dollars are suppose to be for, not all the Social programs that it has grown into.

Alice":1h3wko4n said:
This is becoming real old news...but then again, maybe you think if you type it enough, you'll make it so. And since you seem to think you absolutely must have the last word, I'm granting you your wish...'cause this is all I have to say to your tired, stale, Rancher's net broken record...

Alice

Since you are giving me the last word, I will take this privilege serious and use it to close with one of the deepest and Intellectual Quotes of all time.

"gibberish, ad nauseum gibberish, highschool gibberish, nanny nanny boo boo gibberish".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

to compare not paying tax on our feed, to taking a check from the taxpayers is not even close!!! i might not pay tax on my feed, but at least im buying my own!

VanC":30ne1ovg said:
Frankie":30ne1ovg said:

Hey, Aplus! I think Frankie just called you a Liberal! You gonna stand for that? :p

:lol: :lol: First time I ever been accused of not having anything to say. :lol:

Alice":3gfa28ye said:
...gibberish, ad nauseum gibberish, highschool gibberish, nanny nanny boo boo gibberish.

This is plagarism. Taken word for word from Algore's latest book. Alice, you should be ashamed. :p

medic_941":1yxt2hz3 said:
to compare not paying tax on our feed, to taking a check from the taxpayers is not even close!!! i might not pay tax on my feed, but at least im buying my own!

Why? :eek: You're not paying the full price for that feed; not the same as a non-farmer would pay if he bought a sack for some reason. So while you're beating me up for using cost sharing programs, you're getting tax breaks on feed, license plates, seeds, maybe diesel. While I pay taxes on the government share money! They may not be giving you money, but they're not taking money from you like they do other tax payers BECAUSE YOU'RE A FARMER/RANCHER. IMO, if one's welfare, so's the other.

I'm sure if you offer, your local feedstore will allow you to pay that tax. :lol:

VanC":1xcz29md said:
Frankie":1xcz29md said:

Hey, Aplus! I think Frankie just called you a Liberal! You gonna stand for that? :p

I'd never insult Liberals by suggesting that Aplus is a Liberal. :x

Frankie":12jfaf5p said:
not the same as a non-farmer would pay if he bought a sack for some reason.

What would that reason be?

Frankie":2kaovqmv said:
medic_941":2kaovqmv said:

Why? :eek: You're not paying the full price for that feed; not the same as a non-farmer would pay if he bought a sack for some reason. So while you're beating me up for using cost sharing programs, you're getting tax breaks on feed, license plates, seeds, maybe diesel. While I pay taxes on the government share money! They may not be giving you money, but they're not taking money from you like they do other tax payers BECAUSE YOU'RE A FARMER/RANCHER. IMO, if one's welfare, so's the other.

I'm sure if you offer, your local feedstore will allow you to pay that tax. :lol:

There is lots of situations in different businesses where the business does not pay sales tax. I can buy supplies for my cleaning business and not pay sales tax on them, I then charge the sales tax to the place that I sell them to.

I can have supplies shipped to me and not pay sales tax on them.

The taxing system on sold goods is a whole other conversation than that of Subsidies.

Maybe we do not pay taxes on feed because one day taxes will be paid at McDonald's on the end product. Just like I do not pay taxes on my chemicals because one day the local grocery store will pay it on them. Who knows how the Government figures their taxing system.

VanC":xh1eb8u6 said:
Alice":xh1eb8u6 said:
...gibberish, ad nauseum gibberish, highschool gibberish, nanny nanny boo boo gibberish.

This is plagarism. Taken word for word from Algore's latest book. Alice, you should be ashamed. :p

I am...I'm hanging my head now...shaking it back and forth...crying, screaming, gnashing my teeth...hoping that the literary police don't come crashing thru the door...

Psyche!

Alice

Latest posts