Got my bull

Help Support CattleToday:

jallen

Reaction score
Posting from my phone do no clue if it wil work. He is a limousine and will turn 1 in April. Fire away.
BE185DB5-1490-42B1-9690-897D9AF7D6DB-4600-0000046708302E5C_zpsb6489eea.jpg

He's about 1000 lbs or so. He looks small in these pics. I guess because I was so close to him. He may not be perfect but im proud of him. I got him from Mr. Helton who is a member of this site. He was no where as nice as some of his young bulls but he was what I could afford. He will be on bull test feed for a little while before I let him run with the cows. He was pinned for a whopping 2 days before the cow he was pinned with pulled a jail break so ive got to catch him again. Thinking of calling him Leroy.

I kind of like him. He is not perfect but there is allot more good there than bad. Should work well for you. Bill doesn't raise any junk. He has a good rep around these parts for growing some good limi bulls. He should put some meat on a calf for you.

Red Bull Breeder":18r425eg said:
:lol: Now Hoss let not get to carried away. That kind of bragging on a Bama boy is likely to swell his head
I'm buttering Bill up so that he might sell me one cheap :mrgreen:
Seriously, I have never met Bill but I had heard about him from guys in this area that recommend him. I didn't realize he was a CT member until later. He has a website that has some pics of some really nice animals. I hope to meet Bill this weekend at the Tennessee Beef Agribition if I can break myself loose and make it up there.

Thanks for the kind words. Mr bill was great to do business with and he took lots of time to answer my questions. This bill wasn't out of his program however. He was bought at a dispersal sale. His site is AHCC Westwind.

I was hoping if I did enough free advertising he may cut me a break on the next one I buy from him. Hey, it never hurts to try right?
HOSS":3thw8vuh said:
Red Bull Breeder":3thw8vuh said:
:lol: Now Hoss let not get to carried away. That kind of bragging on a Bama boy is likely to swell his head
I'm buttering Bill up so that he might sell me one cheap :mrgreen:
Seriously, I have never met Bill but I had heard about him from guys in this area that recommend him. I didn't realize he was a CT member until later. He has a website that has some pics of some really nice animals. I hope to meet Bill this weekend at the Tennessee Beef Agribition if I can break myself loose and make it up there.

Thought I would update this thread with a couple pics from today. I think he is coming along nicely. He has been with the cows now for a month. 13 months old as of the 16th of this month. No one should be coming in for at least a month or more as they have just started dropping the second wave of calves. He lost some weight initially but seems to have planed out now. I have been trying to get 50 lbs of bull test in him per week but it's a chore with the cows around all the time. Feel free to comment good or bad.
EE1ED8A0-BDFC-4550-A467-D9EB90844E95-11931-00000C8ECF966941_zpsb1f55d1d.jpg

F9DD24E7-8409-4257-AB25-D4302473F052-11931-00000C8EBCDA9FD8_zps822c593c.jpg

911286E4-C86B-4A95-90D6-B3742B549F41-11931-00000C8EB395AD87_zpsc86248d8.jpg

The weight he has lost isn't a concern at all, his shoulders and shoulder attachment on the other hand, is.

Can you explain that a little? I don't recall mentioning it but he is strictly for terminal use.

There must e a trick to taking good pics of these jokers. None of my pics do any justice to his size and muscle definition. Heck they barely resemble what you see in person.

KNERSIE":3225wjeg said:
The weight he has lost isn't a concern at all, his shoulders and shoulder attachment on the other hand, is.

Knersie don't you think a lot of bulls tend to open up in the shoulder when their heads are down like that though. Obviously the ones with real issues will look worse but to me anyway it takes a pretty outstanding shouldered bull to not look at least a little open when they have their heads down.

He will never touch a heifer as long as he is here. Nor do intend to retain any off of him down the road. I'm very inexperienced and I work an hour away so no plans for any heifers at all as if now. I am curious what you see to make your assumption though. Thanks for chiming in, this is all very interesting to me.
highgrit":3vxzqc7r said:
Looks like a heifers nightmare to me. Sure has some muscle tone for a young bull.

Latest posts