Gooseneck dump trailers

Help Support CattleToday:

Auburn_Ag

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had a BIG TEX gooseneck dump trailer and what you thought of them. Or if you had a dump trailer, what brand is it and would you recommend it?

Thanks
Auburn_Ag

We have Bri-Mar made in Pennsylvania. They work pretty well for getting five or so tons of feed or a few rolls of hay. Be careful they will not stand their rated weight on a daily basis.

I can't say either way I've been watching this and hoping someone has some more to say. I'm trying to decide between a dump bed 1 ton or a 7 ton dump trailer myself.

We have a 14 Ft. Big Tex bumper pull dump trailer. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Beats the heck out of hand unloading a flatbed at the dump.

The only thing with a bumper pull, we had one, is that if you load them to capacity it is rough to pull, even behind an F 450. The goose necks are so much better. The problem is that the floor, sides, etc. won't take daily abuse. We bowed the floor in ours the first time we loaded it with shelled corn, yes shelled corn. We were trying to not have another truck to maintain and it works ok but, you can't expect them to work like a dump truck. They aren't a dump truck. Depending on what you're doing a one ton dump might be a feasible option, take into account insurance, fuel, maintainence, etc. maybe it's not the best option, I guess it just depends upon the situation. Looked at the bix tex stuff and the freight for me is what hurts. Have seen some of their trailers along the intrastate and they appear to be well built.

My F-350 doesn't seem to have any trouble pulling ours fully loaded. I have pulled it several times with it loaded way past the sides.

Cowboy 2.0":2wre63o8 said:
My F-350 doesn't seem to have any trouble pulling ours fully loaded. I have pulled it several times with it loaded way past the sides.

You ever been to West Virginia?

cfpinz":2rqa0itl said:
Cowboy 2.0":2rqa0itl said:

You ever been to West Virginia?

Sorry, didn't think about that. :D

Thanks guys.

Well I went a head and bought a 05 Big Tex. I think its going to be a great investment.

Latest posts