Google earth picked a good time...

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king

Reaction score
to take some pictures of the farm because we just had all the rain and things looked nice and green.
I can tell you this was taken on either the 9th or 10th of september because I had the small trailer out to haul the corral panels to where we were going to pick up the fall calvers.

Here's the home place, you can see some of the cow out in the front hay pasture.
8103305910_fa215d46ed_c.jpg

Here you can see the hay stack
8103305614_cc1ed89fd2_c.jpg

Here are some cow trails at our other pasture
8103292351_21e836cdc5_c.jpg

And here's something strange in my neighbors field?
8103305414_6b8ff95be3_c.jpg

ALACOWMAN":2upg2jb1 said:
my view was udated last sept. at dove season... with last cutting of hay still in the field....
Wow that would be a neat view, always wished they would take a pic while we had hay out, or while we were cutting beans.

ALACOWMAN":1ii6fdu0 said:
im just glad they didnt snap it, with me peeing off the porch...
they do edit the shots so they maybe in your case enlarge the pics for you... :lol2: :lol2:
when we looked at google earth and went to my brothers house he was in the door way, first off you could see his face then later that day the face had a hazy glow on it. as he said his 15 mins of fame... :lol:

Sim-
I saw you photo it looks like you have a beautiful place, might I ask what the SOC stands for? I was so impressed I decided to try to locate my farm I don't know how to share the picture, but it was taken on 1/3/2012. At first I couldn't figure out where the cows were but finally found them we had them up in the working pens getting ready for our ET work. That google earth is some pretty cool stuff big brother really is watching.

Gizmom

gizmom":2f86a347 said:
Sim-
I saw you photo it looks like you have a beautiful place, might I ask what the SOC stands for? I was so impressed I decided to try to locate my farm I don't know how to share the picture, but it was taken on 1/3/2012. At first I couldn't figure out where the cows were but finally found them we had them up in the working pens getting ready for our ET work. That google earth is some pretty cool stuff big brother really is watching.

Gizmom
For google earth just go to
file
save
save image
when you have zoomed in and adjusted how you want it.
then just upload to what ever online photo upload site you use.
be sure to save it something you will remember so you can find in your doc. files.

My dad's parent house
8104301993_17869e2c5b_c.jpg

and my mom's parents...getting all the barn and bin roofs nicely painted was the last big project grandpa got done before he died back in 2005. Me and my cousin did most of it that one summer...it sure was quite a job.
8104301293_fda0d7455a_c.jpg

the maps of my area are about 10 years old... Our neighbours had their place in Ginseng... and that's been gone a long time... I did see some helicopters go by with some strange looking gear on them, maybe they're looking for dope, or they're taking pictures so maybe we'll see an update sometime

Nesikep, the dope plane flys over our corn fields all the time.

greybeard you can view it from google maps but it isn't as high grade and you can't print photos.

the download only took a couple mins., and is very hand to spot crop land pieces.

Sim.-Ang.King
Well I am trainable thanks for the help here are a few of the photo's taken of our place on 1/3/12 like I said we were getting ready to flush you can actually see someone in the working pen this is just cool.
workingpens.jpg

We need you to come for a visit our working pen cover sure could use a roof coating lol

entrancefrontlake.jpg

This is a shot of the entrance off the road the road coming in goes up to the Equip shed then their is a Y with the other road going back to the other pastures.

overview.jpg

This is an overview of the place you can see we have quite a bit of bottom land the heavely wooded area is the bottom.

hayandwatertanks.jpg

The last shot is of the pastures we stack hay along the fence and put a hot wire around it then unroll it to feed it. You can also see the concrete water tanks in this shot.

Wow this is cool stuff, I had to play with it a bit.

Gizmom

WOW! that is some operation..looks more like a setup you would find out west, not at the white sandy beaches of FL...LOL

Yea we got the best of both worlds our farm is about 25 miles from the gulf. Next to farming one of my favorite things to do is go deep sea fishing. I hope they will take some photo's in the summer when the we have some grass it looks like a wasteland in these pictures.

Gizmom

Latest posts