Good wild hog feed

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
I had someone tell me of a good feed for wild hogs. Said it make them into a good solid hog ??? He is feeding whole corn mixed with portland cement ?? Has anyone ever heard of this mixture and how did it work?
I know there is some other mixtures that do a good job but would like to know about this one

It will make em good and solid all right. Right plugged up. Someone was yanking your chain. I haven't ever seen a wild hog, caught young or old, that amounted to anything close to a domestic on any feed. Not to say it can't be done, but I haven't seen it yet

All we have ever done is feed em just enough to get em cleaned out real good. It's next to immpossible to put good weight on a wild one.

OK Lets try this again see if we can read between the lines a little. I said nothing about fatting them out, mater of fact I HATE THEM the only good wild hog is a dead ones So will it make them solid enough that they will be a good hog?
I know some mixtures that will but thought this one may be safer

highgrit I'm not as stupid as you act like I am. In fact I can keep them in check thats better than a lot of people can do

Never done it myself but I hear this works. Get your hands on some clay pigeons and look on the box for the ones that warn you not to use around pigs. Crush them and mix it with the bait. Its got something in it that hurts their stomaches but it doesn't seem to harm other animals.

Bryant I got your drift, the hard head wasn't for you. I guess I should of said bloat just trying to be nice. :hide:

Jogeephus":2e0vwtxw said:
Never done it myself but I hear this works. Get your hands on some clay pigeons and look on the box for the ones that warn you not to use around pigs. Crush them and mix it with the bait. Its got something in it that hurts their stomaches but it doesn't seem to harm other animals.

They are made with coal tar, it will kill them Black flag dead. Crush the clay pigeons place in a five gallon bucket and cover with diesel, after disolving soak your corn in it. Last step is to bury it where they have been rooting.
I have been told this method works in controling rooters.

BRYANT":1c1kwu3k said:
OK Lets try this again see if we can read between the lines a little. I said nothing about fatting them out, mater of fact I HATE THEM the only good wild hog is a dead ones So will it make them solid enough that they will be a good hog?
I know some mixtures that will but thought this one may be safer

highgrit I'm not as stupid as you act like I am. In fact I can keep them in check thats better than a lot of people can do

Knew exactly what you meant....not wanting to promote growth but rather STOP growth and reproduction. :nod: