Good Ol' Doc Harris

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":10ib7mui said:
I do sometimes suffer from what is known in the medical community as Brain Flatulance.

Is that the cause of stinking ideas?

dun":1thyup37 said:
Jogeephus":1thyup37 said:
I do sometimes suffer from what is known in the medical community as Brain Flatulance.

Is that the cause of stinking ideas?

Yeah, I've had some dandies. Somebody ought to do a post brilliant flash in the pan brainstorms. I have had my share :oops: :oops:

I know some of you don't like it when I post at all, but I really appreciate everyones opinion. I don't think every one of the opinions is correct, however I have learned to try to gather some information from it anyways. I am only 22, just married, and spent many years growing up in what could only be called a trailer without the luxury of wheels. I am trying to make something happen out of nothing, and many of your guys informative posts have helped me along.

I would have to agree that a lot of informative people have left in the last year or so. Those of you still here need to stick around.

I like the young people, and beginners on the boards, they can bring fresh info to the boards, and they bring questions that even I may be able to answer. I like the old timers with all their experiance. I like the arogant buttheads that think they cannot be taught anything, they make me want to prove them wrong and I often find they are right. I like a good arguement, it sorts things out.
I even like the smart a's. , if I didn't I would hate myself. I like my questions answered. But more than anything I like to be corrected when I am wrong, because I hate thinking I know something I do not know.
I guess I like just about everthing about the boards and thanks. :D :D :D

aplusmnt":1xptryev said:
Bez>":1xptryev said:
Perhaps one will be successfully touched

Bez>

I am not young in age but young in cattle knowledge. I know you and Caustics blunt, direct and to the point post have either taught me a lot or made me think of things in a different way. Especially in Business management. It is easy to find out how to doctor sick calves, we have 5 vets within an easy drive. Its easy to figure what hay or what feed to purchase.

But information about business management from experienced Cattleman that have went through market changes due to a variety of things such as BSE, closed markets, economic changes due to world events. This information is invaluable, there is not always 5 guys of your type within an easy drive. We are lucky to have 5 or more of you guys within a fingers reach!

I hope you all keep posting, and you keep being blunt, sometimes people need hit in head with a baseball bat, some will learn from the hit, and those that don't well they just need hit because.

HERE !!!! HERE !!!

I think one thing that gets missed here is how much is learned by those who don't wade in on a particular thread. So while the person that messages are being directed at might not get it, there can be lots of people who are absorbing the good information.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I love Doc! And I love the detail he goes into, not to mention the sly humor... 8)

Thank you, Doc, for never failing to answer the questions I pm you with. :)

Alice

I've been lurking a lot here and the other discussion forums I'm a member of. I find that if I read enough of the replies, someone else already posted what I had in mind, so why waste the white space?

I also find that if I read enough here that someone else posted something I was thinking about and it was discussed. So, why waste the white space?

And, this is one of those times I feel like I'm wasting white space. Oh well.

Bez - wow! dude you have some really good thoughts there. I hope you experts stick around, cause I really need you. I personally feel that no matter how long I've been in the cattle business (or horses or dogs) I can always learn something new.

Thanks for all of the posts!

Let's all leave. :idea:
We can go down to the Longbranch and holler and cut up and whine and complain and carry on and sing cowboy songs and cry in our beer and just have an old fashioned foot stomping good time. :cboy:

Ryder":3vyjcp8e said:
We can go down to the Longbranch and holler and cut up and whine and complain and carry on and sing cowboy songs and cry in our beer and just have an old fashioned foot stomping good time. :cboy:

Ain't nobody talking about leaving - just some beaching going on.

Bez>

Lets just keep in mind that what we all want is an honest answer to an honest question. Sometimes its rude to be honest.

When it gets into the bickering back and forth that is just entertainment. :D

Walt

Bez>":1cokw4wp said:
Ryder":1cokw4wp said:

Bez>

There's a five dollar fine for whining...

cfpinz

I have always enjoyed the posts from the old timers...at my age a fella just doesn't trust a guy that doesn't have gray hair.

There should be a read first thread that handles the "scouring calf" and "how much should I feed" type questions.

The next generation needs the mentors that are quickly becomming scarce. Guess it is much easier to grow condimuniums than cows...hell the DOT is planting a freeway in our back yard but then we didn't have much choice in that.

I hope that Doc and the other mentors do not loose faith and will keep up offering sage advise and practical wisdom for all that ask. Oh yeah...Doc..we practice pasture rotation, in case you were wondering. Keep up the knowkedgable posts.

And that's my two bits worth...asked for or not...DMc

cfpinz":17t9wx1i said:
Bez>":17t9wx1i said:
Ryder":17t9wx1i said:

Bez>

cfpinz

:D :D

When I find an extra 5 bucks I will gladly send it your way!

Bez>

Bez>":qs2dg5o5 said:
cfpinz":qs2dg5o5 said:
Bez>":qs2dg5o5 said:
Ryder":qs2dg5o5 said:

Bez>

cfpinz

Bez>

Put your money in the jar. We use it to replace the tables every time a fight breaks out.

cfpinz

cfpinz":3renuw52 said:
Bez>":3renuw52 said:
cfpinz":3renuw52 said:
Bez>":3renuw52 said:
Ryder":3renuw52 said:

Bez>

cfpinz

Bez>

Put your money in the jar. We use it to replace the tables every time a fight breaks out.

cfpinz
Since Bez doesn't seem that interested in the party, I think we should appoint him as the 'designated driver'. What do you think?

I've reached that time in my life where I don't know nuttin bout nuttin~ :oops: ~But at least I know it :lol: :oops:

certherfbeef":3qjnssiu said:
DOC HARRIS":3qjnssiu said:
The members of the Board are really getting sarcastic and hubris! It is appearing on almost all of the posts on most of the subjects.

Maybe it is the season, or the temperature, or the INSECTS! Or maybe their Biorhythms are all on the floor. BUT- - you know, it really isn't worth spending an hour or so carefully trying to help someone - and get a ration of cr-- in return from another so-called expert who has an ax to grind for some other reason or so. And what I am talking about is not this particular post.

Just venting my spleen, I guess. But I am getting sick of wasting my time.

DOC HARRIS

This post explains exactly why there are so many good folk missing from this forum now a days.
I can't even read thru these forums anymore without thinking that I could probably add something to this post to help a feller. But I don't, it is not worth my effort anymore.

It looks to me like certain folks got under Doc's skin. And all I gotta say is if these other "experts" have no basis for what they are saying it would be entertaining to watch Doc expose them. And I can see where that can get to wear you down when you have to do that after almost every post.

"Knocking things around" in here can be one of the biggest benefits of participating. And not being afraid to say what you think keeps the BS to a minimum.

The best posters are those that don't give a crap what other people think of the post, or whether their post will be popular, or whether anyone will "support" them - but the post is the truth as they know it and is submitted in good faith.

We have lost some good folks whose posts I enjoyed a lot. Guess what, they may return, they may be reading right now.
But look at some of the start dates on some of the best posters in here now. We have gained a bunch too.

ALX

AngusLimoX":txw4r3s2 said:
certherfbeef":txw4r3s2 said:
DOC HARRIS":txw4r3s2 said:
The members of the Board are really getting sarcastic and hubris! It is appearing on almost all of the posts on most of the subjects.

Maybe it is the season, or the temperature, or the INSECTS! Or maybe their Biorhythms are all on the floor. BUT- - you know, it really isn't worth spending an hour or so carefully trying to help someone - and get a ration of cr-- in return from another so-called expert who has an ax to grind for some other reason or so. And what I am talking about is not this particular post.

Just venting my spleen, I guess. But I am getting sick of wasting my time.

DOC HARRIS

This post explains exactly why there are so many good folk missing from this forum now a days.
I can't even read thru these forums anymore without thinking that I could probably add something to this post to help a feller. But I don't, it is not worth my effort anymore.

It looks to me like certain folks got under Doc's skin. And all I gotta say is if these other "experts" have no basis for what they are saying it would be entertaining to watch Doc expose them. And I can see where that can get to wear you down when you have to do that after almost every post.

"Knocking things around" in here can be one of the biggest benefits of participating. And not being afraid to say what you think keeps the BS to a minimum.

The best posters are those that don't give a crap what other people think of the post, or whether their post will be popular, or whether anyone will "support" them - but the post is the truth as they know it and is submitted in good faith.

We have lost some good folks whose posts I enjoyed a lot. Guess what, they may return, they may be reading right now.
But look at some of the start dates on some of the best posters in here now. We have gained a bunch too.

ALX

No one like's to here they are doing it wrong. Everyone wants to be right and I was hardheaded and did for years. Had it not been for a great mentor and developing a thick skin, I don't believe I would be making money in cattle today. This a great site to ask questions and learn from some true experts how to improve your operation.

Latest posts