GOOD NEWS!

Help Support CattleToday:

VanC

Reaction score
Just got word. Our youngest son and his beautiful (and very tired) wife blessed us with our third grandchild this evening. Madelyn May was born at 4:59 PM our time and checked in at a whopping 9 lbs 11 oz. Amy was in labor for over 20 hours, so we've been on pins and needles all day. It's their first child and our first granddaughter. All is well.

From one grandparent to another...Whew! And congratulations! That is wonderful!

What a beautiful name...Madelyn May! Mother needs a long rest...9 lbs 11ozs...20 hours in labor. God bless her sweet heart.

BTW, my daughter's name is Amy. :)

Alice

20 Hours?

I think I would brought out he Oxytocin and grabbed the OB chains!

Maybe the calf puller too!

MikeC":2mljul0u said:
20 Hours?

Actually, they did use some kind of suction device to gently help with the birth. Were ready to do a C-section, but only as a last resort.

Alice- Yes, Amy is exausted as we might expect. I get all teary-eyed when I think of what she must have gone through. We are driving up there this weekend to see them. BTW, Amy is my wife's name, too.

VanC":tdxd5kye said:
MikeC":tdxd5kye said:
20 Hours?

Actually, they did use some kind of suction device to gently help with the birth. Were ready to do a C-section, but only as a last resort.

Alice- Yes, Amy is exausted as we might expect. I get all teary-eyed when I think of what she must have gone through. We are driving up there this weekend to see them. BTW, Amy is my wife's name, too.

What can I say...that makes me smile...with a tear in my eye.

You and your Amy are gonna have a wonderful weekend...dang, I'm still smilin'...

Alice

Congrats! Both my boys were over 8 pounds, with the older one coming in at 8 pounds and 7 ounces. I was not medicated. My second was born at home and it was wonderful.

Congratulations, VanC! :D Congratulations to the new parents, too, I hope they've got a good stockpile of sleep! :lol: They have embarked on a journey that will change them and their lives forever. May it be a wonderful journey, filled with love, wonder, and blessings. :)

VanC,

THere is nothing better than grandbabies. I've only got two but I am hoping for a couple dozen.

:heart: How wonderful!! :heart: Best news is all are doing well,and are healthy. :)

image002322222-1.gif
the birth stork!!!sings his......
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL,
poor girl 20 hours and a good size too. Hope you have a safe and happy journey at the weekend, bet your wife can't wait......... :heart: Chris

Latest posts