Good looking heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

She's a 5 yr old, not a heifer, and looks OK to me from what the pictures show.

The thing I don't understand is where is her calf that was born in Feb. If this is a pair it's probably a good deal!

i always hate it when people ""way"" over price something.. i like wiggle room prices.....she looks like a nice one, but her glory days are over. and time for her to go to work....and she already behind on production

She is a 5 year old open cow. Not a bad looking or bred cow, but an open cow all the same. Around here that makes her worth about 75 cents a pound give or take a little. If you want to take her back home it will cost 76 cents. She better have some pretty darn desirable genetics to get the price they are asking.

Obviously they're smoking crack with the price, but breeding back a first calf heifer is the first challenge. She looks to be in good condition so why isn't she bred yet?
And I would also like to see her calf

hooknline":3ta2qmxg said:
Obviously they're smoking crack with the price, but breeding back a first calf heifer is the first challenge. She looks to be in good condition so why isn't she bred yet?

She is not a first calf heifer she is 5yrs old.

hooknline":rzl3yvrr said:
in her condition she ought to concieve just looking at a bull.....

I agree. Unless she hasn't been exposed to one due to the demanding show circuit :lol:

She calved in Feb so she would be breeding back right now to stay in season , not a big deal being a few weeks behind . Also she may have had 3 calves so far it doesn't say ,so assuming that was her first calf is a little judgmental . If you are truly interested you need to call and ask where her calf is from this year and if buying her you will need a GUARANTEE that she is sound as a reproducing cow.

I left a message with the seller. Hopefully I will get some more pictures of her, her calf, and her weight...more info in general. $2500 is WAY more than I want to spend on a good heifer....Brangus seem to be more than other breeds around here. Shoot, I'd like to get 2 or 3 for that price. I'm looking to buy some females or heifers sometime in the coming months and am still undecided as to what breed I should go with.

hoyt79":3rjtc4n4 said:
I left a message with the seller. Hopefully I will get some more pictures of her, her calf, and her weight...more info in general. $2500 is WAY more than I want to spend on a good heifer....Brangus seem to be more than other breeds around here. Shoot, I'd like to get 2 or 3 for that price. I'm looking to buy some females or heifers sometime in the coming months and am still undecided as to what breed I should go with.

She is NOT A HEIFER.

At 5 yrs old she is a cow. My guess is there is no calf or he would have advertised it as a pair. If she is what he says and has a real fancy calf on her then that is not a terrible price. Note i said fancy meaning lookin and pedigree!

Hoyt, i can recommend a great vet in this area that can do a reproduction score on her if you get serious.

3waycross":1m19fnia said:
hoyt79":1m19fnia said:

She is NOT A HEIFER.

Haha! Yeah I know... :bang:

If I get some pics of the calf, I will post em. I honestly don't know what a fancy calf looks like.

hooknline":t41qmk4w said:
Hoyt, i can recommend a great vet in this area that can do a reproduction score on her if you get serious.

Good deal man! I will def let you know if I need one. Thanks!

Latest posts