Gods Help

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
God helps fools like me. Skunk Tail is due up next. So in last 30 days before partum she gets her scours booster. I was thinking that as I drove up. There she is standing by herself at the gate to the handling facility. Get a pan of feed, put her in the chute, load a syringe, 3 ml IM, and in less than 10 minutes, I was done!!!

You know the old saying "God looks out for old men and fools". The way I figure it, I'm double covered :lol: .

Larry

inyati, you use ScourGard? that's what we've used for years now and it's certainly helped us a lot... Nowadays I just vaccinate in the field, I get most of the cows, there's a couple that know when it's vaccination time an steer clear of me, so I might miss a couple, but the majority are done. If I have leftovers, I give the hieferettes a shot, and if I'm short, I just use a bit less on each cow... haven't had any scours in years now, and I figure that even if the calf of one of the cows I missed got it, I can deal with 1 or two calves with scours, but having 10 of them at a time was no fun! We've also started calving a month later now when the weather is a bit better.

Nesikep":jxugcyql said:
inyati, you use ScourGard? that's what we've used for years now and it's certainly helped us a lot... Nowadays I just vaccinate in the field, I get most of the cows, there's a couple that know when it's vaccination time an steer clear of me, so I might miss a couple, but the majority are done. If I have leftovers, I give the hieferettes a shot, and if I'm short, I just use a bit less on each cow... haven't had any scours in years now, and I figure that even if the calf of one of the cows I missed got it, I can deal with 1 or two calves with scours, but having 10 of them at a time was no fun! We've also started calving a month later now when the weather is a bit better.
NO. I use Calf-Guard Vaccine. Has done well. I innoculate the cow. It can also be administered to the calf at birth.

Latest posts