God Bless America

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

well I was just sitting here reading all the Confederate Memorial Day thread and I was thinking about the Civil War and I was thinking about all my relatives that died for the South then I started thinking about the brave men and women over in Iraq that are still fighting for us...I think we should show some respect for our armed forces that are fighting for us right now...not just the brave men from 1861...this country aint what it used to be...I worked all my life just to have a life where I can barely even afford fuel for my truck...3.00 a gallon is terrible...our government needs to get their heads out of their a$$es and look around at our country...bunch of liberals and democrats that dont give 2 hoots in he!! about the working men and women anymore...our country gets attacked by a bunch of towelhead arabs and people still say we shouldn't have attacked back...them anti-war hippies should stop buy a truck stop with a room full of long distance truck drivers sitting around and tell them that we shouldn't be in Iraq...that we have no reason to be over there...I have 3 sons in the military and 2 have served in Iraq...they are sure proud to be Americans and I raised them exactly how I was raised...they know darn well that this country has a right to defend itself...and a lot of the people that protest our military are people that are not even worthly to speak of the brave souls in our military...and I sure am proud of those men and women that have fought so honorably for OUR freedom...

well I am sorry this post is so long but I am very proud of this country...not exactly proud of all that goes on in this country but I am proud to be an American

and I dont care if any of this offends anybody in this site because they are just my opinions

God Bless our Soldiers, God Bless America, God Bless Uncle Sam, God Bless our Freedom, and God Bless any other Proud Americans!

Have a good day everybody

Very well said. Just like I posted quite a while ago. Like mighty Merle said, "When you're running down my country you're walking on the fighting side of me".
I've been to several different countrys (you know," join the Army and see the world"!) and I'll take the good ol usa anytime.

We still have some good ol american blooded people here.
Just look at all the young men and women that joind up with the military right after 911. Would have done it myself but they wouldn't have an ol has been like me.

Grandson joined and just got back from afaghanistan(sp)
Our problem is too many of us try sticking our nose in a war we should be leaving to our military men and women who are trained and experienced to do the job.

So my feelings is if ya don't like this country, we have planes departing as well as arriving the USA. Maby ya oughta get a one way ticket departing.

And by the way,wouldn't hurt if ya bought tickets for, Bill,Hillary,Ted Kennedy, Al Gore,Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, The liberial news media, and the list could go on and on.
I'd even pitch in a few bucks to help pay for the tickets.
As i'm sure several others on this cattle forum would also, and have several names they could add to the list.

And as far as the war between the north and the south,ancesstors on my mothers side fought for the north and on my Dad's side fought for the south. And me,I didn't fight for either side.
I drove a truck over the road from coast to coast for ten years of my life and found some wonderfull people in every state in the USA. But will have to say found more in the rural parts of each state. City folks just don't be friendly as country folk.
Being born and raised in the MO. ozarks I was called hillbilly all my life and am proud of it. But I think ther's as many hillbillys in the Pennsylvania mountains, and upstate New York mountains as anywhere alse. No offence but I don't have much to say about Calif. Tried to stay away from loads going to Calif. Like going overseas.

Sorry about the ramblin on and on.

Cal

Well last night my son's recruiter came to the house and talked about his ASVAB test and what he was qualified to do. His first choice is Mechanics. I am a little nervous about him going but I have a year to adjust. He will be 17 on May 26 and the Recruiter will be at our house when he gets home from school to do all paper work. I am proud he needs it as much as they need him. Keep us all in your thoughts and prayers as we prepare for our next step with our son.

WagaAgeyv":es6ej3o6 said:
Well last night my son's recruiter came to the house and talked about his ASVAB test and what he was qualified to do. His first choice is Mechanics. I am a little nervous about him going but I have a year to adjust. He will be 17 on May 26 and the Recruiter will be at our house when he gets home from school to do all paper work. I am proud he needs it as much as they need him. Keep us all in your thoughts and prayers as we prepare for our next step with our son.

I know your feelings exactly. Mother and Dad always worried about me being in the military,couldn't figure out why until one of my own went.
I'm still a firm believer that its a great honor to serve your country.
And I believe that even if you were not in the military you are just as honered by doing your civilian duty and supporting those who are serving and have served.

Cal

I'm Glad we all agree on something. God Bless our young men and women in uniform where they are! God bless all the dads, moms, sisters and brothers worrying back home.

Calman":33pjlzss said:
WagaAgeyv":33pjlzss said:

I know your feelings exactly. Mother and Dad always worried about me being in the military,couldn't figure out why until one of my own went.
And I believe that even if you were not in the military you are just as honered by doing your civilian duty and supporting those who are serving and have served.

Cal

Thanks Cal, My ex husband is retired Navy, I am former Navy and Warpaint a Marine so we are all very proud to be americans. My family has a lot of military background. So he is just going to make us proud and be a part of the great defenders of the USA and the WORLD!

well put everyone....God bless to all Nations in the Military trying to keep piece....and their families.

my Son is thinking of joining the ARMY and I am in two minds at the moment. As I don't want him to go to Northern Ireland.

WagaAgeyv":2yer1fyo said:

mechanics in the military will really help out in your youngster's future...the mechanics that the military uses are usually very advanced and not out to the public yet...after your son goes to the military and gets out...he will be a step ahead of the other mechanics...he will have experience with advanced technology which will help him get a very good job...well I wish the best for you and your son...I have 3 sons in the military and 8 grandchildren in the military...we are a very patriotic family and they believe it is their duty to their families and their country to join the military...they know that freedom dont come cheap but they are willing to take that chance...I fought in Vietnam, we didn't get too much support from a lot of the folks back home and it really hurt us...cause thats what we were fighting for...our country, our loved ones...so we all just need to make sure we stay proud and support our troops over seas

God Bless our Troops :)

Have a good day

I really enjoyed all of your post. Sometimes we don't know what we have until it is taken away from us, we should never take our freedom for granted. Also just for you Calman, we may have some money for the tickets also. :lol:
G.W. Wife

WagaAgeyv":3cvotn2s said:
Calman":3cvotn2s said:
WagaAgeyv":3cvotn2s said:

Cal

Thanks Cal, My ex husband is retired Navy, I am former Navy and Warpaint a Marine so we are all very proud to be americans. My family has a lot of military background. So he is just going to make us proud and be a part of the great defenders of the USA and the WORLD!

Well if I ever get in a fix I want your family on my side! :) Congrats to your son, have lots of admiration for kids that join the forces especially now that they know how serious it is with all that is going on over seas.

Latest posts