Glass

Help Support CattleToday:

Thank you for the kind words. I do sell them all over the place. Just started stuff that is going to London and Madrid!

Really pretty objects of art. Are the traditional way of joining stained glass with soldered joints or is this another method

VERY nice mosaics JWB. That takes an awful lot of time! Do you design your own patterns as well?
Do you have your own website or do you sell on one/more of the marketplace sites?

Hurley those are glass on glass mosaics. I use glass glue and grout, no lead our soldering. To keep the back glass from cracking I bond it to a nice piece of 1/4" plywood. The dark wood is sinker bald cypress. The light wood is poplar.

Cottagefarm those are my designs.But these days you can scan and laser project anything. No I don't have a website or etsy page.

JWBrahman said:
Hurley those are glass on glass mosaics. I use glass glue and grout, no lead our soldering. To keep the back glass from cracking I bond it to a nice piece of 1/4" plywood. The dark wood is sinker bald cypress. The light wood is poplar.
You have a very great eye for art and a talent for producing it as your mosaics show. I have always been amazed and intrigued by buildings in the mid east that are totally covered with designs. Some of these were produced in about 1300. I'm not posting this to take away from your art work.

They are lovely JWB!! It must be fascinating working with glass. Hope your sales do well.

Nice to see you posting again :D

JWBrahman said:
Cottagefarm those are my designs.But these days you can scan and laser project anything. No I don't have a website or etsy page.

Here I was all set to go look at your etsy shop :)) (I have one, so I enjoy buying and browsing there as well)
I know the design work can sometimes be harder than, and take just as much time as, the work on the finished product.

That is fantastic that you are able to sell your work without the other platforms!

Cottagefarm the design is sometimes more work than the glass. But, the big jobs are all scan and project the design that the customer already picked out. Right now it's very popular among the "tech bros" to put a comic book cover on the wall in glass and ceramic tile.

JWBrahman said:
Cottagefarm the design is sometimes more work than the glass. But, the big jobs are all scan and project the design that the customer already picked out. Right now it's very popular among the "tech bros" to put a comic book cover on the wall in glass and ceramic tile.

Yup, I understand that completely!
Comic books...well, I guess that's interesting enough, if not very original. :lol:
I personally think it is, at best, imprudent to use a short term, trendy design, for a long term piece of art.
Yeah, techy is everything now, and it's fine if used as just another tool in the box, so to speak.
I did recently cave in and purchase a 3in1 machine than will do some light CNC engraving, but I only wanted it to cut the outlines of my patterns to free up time for my handcarving. I needed to do something to create more hours in a day, and that was all I could come up with for a solution.

Latest posts