Gina Carano

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
Disney cancelled Gina Carano for saying:
"Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors.... even by children.
"Because history is edited, most people today don´t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews.
"How is that any different from hating someone for their political views?"

No, Disney cancelled her over risk of lost revenue for opening a can of worms.

Which children beat their neighbors? I want names!
Celebrities and politicians love to embellish. They can't even let a horror
speak for itself, they have to add to it.

Last edited:
Disney cancelled Gina Carano for saying:
"Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors.... even by children.
"Because history is edited, most people today don´t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews.
"How is that any different from hating someone for their political views?"

Or hating someone because they simply see something different. We are in a time where people cannot be disagreed with without getting butthurt, that's for sure. Another thing that's for sure is religion is the largest cause of hatred in the history of the world.
We shouldn't erase history we should learn from it. It's called experience. And it's more valuable than education or intelligence.

She had a right to say what she said. That's why she isn't being prosecuted or jailed. Her employer also has the right to "cancel" her for it. It's a free country. Disney booting Carano or Big Loud dumping Morgan Wallen isn't censorship, it's capitalism.

Most of the whining about "cancel culture" is from people who are just upset that the mainstream finds their views abhorrent. If you want to publicly air controversial opinions, prepare to be a controversial figure. It's always been that way.

She had a right to say what she said. That's why she isn't being prosecuted or jailed. Her employer also has the right to "cancel" her for it. It's a free country. Disney booting Carano or Big Loud dumping Morgan Wallen isn't censorship, it's capitalism.

Most of the whining about "cancel culture" is from people who are just upset that the mainstream finds their views abhorrent. If you want to publicly air controversial opinions, prepare to be a controversial figure. It's always been that way.
I agree with you that constitutional rights do not extend to private business.(conceding to you on a previous discussion where I spoke without thought)
However shouldn't that mean that a private business should be able to hire who they want in requards to race /gender/ sexual orientation??
I'm not so sure that the majority is offended by conservative ideas but the media is controlled by people that are. Giving it that appearance to those who believe their tv and computer more than what is real.

No, Disney cancelled her over risk of lost revenue for opening a can of worms.

Which children beat their neighbors? I want names!
Celebrities and politicians love to embellish. They can't even let a horror
speak for itself, they have to add to it.
The Boy Scouts' motto was "Be Prepared." But nothing could prepare Max Ebel, a German teenager, for what happened after Hitler banned the Boy Scouts. As other boys cheered, the 17-year-old was surrounded by a gang of Nazi Youth—one of whom had a knife. Ebel's refusal to leave scouting behind had just turned into a fight for his life.

It was 1937, and the Boy Scouts were one of many youth organizations on the Nazis' verboten list. Now, every non-Jewish boy in Germany was required to be part of the Hitler Youth, the Nazis' youth arm, instead. Ebel, a pacifist who distrusted the Nazis, refused—and paid the price.

That's why the participants want the secret history of the 2020 election told, even though it sounds like a paranoid fever dream–a well-funded cabal of powerful people, ranging across industries and ideologies, working together behind the scenes to influence perceptions, change rules and laws, steer media coverage and control the flow of information.

Mob rule? Is that what it's called when a violent group of extremists takes the Capitol building and tries to overthrow democratic government? Then no, that's not what I was talking about.
No, more like the Jim Crow laws the Democrats supported once upon a time. Majority rules don't ya know?

Mob rule? Is that what it's called when a violent group of extremists takes the Capitol building and tries to overthrow democratic government? Then no, that's not what I was talking about.
Unless there is something I haven't heard, it's hard to take over a democratic government with Trump flags and bullhorns. That's pretty extreme.

I agree with you that constitutional rights do not extend to private business.(conceding to you on a previous discussion where I spoke without thought)
However shouldn't that mean that a private business should be able to hire who they want in requards to race /gender/ sexual orientation??
I'm not so sure that the majority is offended by conservative ideas but the media is controlled by people that are. Giving it that appearance to those who believe their tv and computer more than what is real.
The government has identified protected classes, such as race, religion, and sexual orientation, as a solution to issues with discrimination that we have in this country. For example, if your employee reveals himself to be a practicing Muslim, it would be illegal for you to fire him based solely on that. However, if he insisted on trying to convert your non-Muslim clients during business hours and it were harming your business, you'd be well within your rights to fire him. You can't fire a man for being gay, but you can fire him if he's sexually harassing your other employees or clients. You can't fire a woman for being a woman, but you can fire her for refusing to follow the dress code. You're allowed to fire people for their behavior, not their identity. That's an important distinction, and there are people intentionally trying to muddy the waters here when they complain about "cancel culture".

Gina Carano didn't get dropped for being conservative. If she had simply said that she votes Republican, it might have prompted some chatter from Twitter, but nothing would have come of it. She could have said that she believed in small government or reduced taxes and been fine, too. The problem comes in when hateful and discriminatory speech gets tangled into "politics". Let's look at the Charlottesville protests as one example. When a mob of young men are videoed chanting "Jews will not replace us", and their employers see them and fire them, are they being persecuted for being conservative? Of course not. They're being fired for being openly anti-semitic. When a young woman goes to a Black Lives Matter protest and is videoed shouting "pigs must die" and loses her job, is that discrimination against her for being liberal? Nope. Neither of those people committed a crime and their rights are protected by the first amendment, but that doesn't mean it's discriminatory to hold them accountable for their words.

The Boy Scouts' motto was "Be Prepared." But nothing could prepare Max Ebel, a German teenager, the 17-year-old was surrounded by a gang of Nazi Youth—one of whom had a knife.
Ebel, a pacifist who distrusted the Nazis, refused—and paid the price.
Paid what price?
hyper-bowl
The rest of the story:
In 1937 Max Ebel cut his hand disarming the knife wielding teen and then lived
happily ever after in the USA as a U.S. citizen.

Max wasn't attacked because he was a Jew.
He was attacked by peers because he refused their invitation join them in their fun and games, the exact opposite of excluding him.

In the story presented as evidence of children beating their neighbors because they were Jews, nobody was beaten because they were Jewish.
How can 17 yr olds be considered children at a time when 16 & 17 yr olds were
being accepted, with a wink and a nod, into the armed forces?

Sounds like Boy Scout propaganda to take children into the woods at night.
lol :)

Last edited:
I will admit to going off-topic on these pages but will be first to say I never learned as much as when I took the road less traveled.
As witnessed in the Word the Israelites have been cattlemen since before they were. Comparing what happened to the Jews in the
Nazi era to the political debacle taking place now would surely leave some room for discussion. I would offer up the topics of the
Balfour Declaration the 1920 San Remo Agreement and perhaps Rabbi Goren blowing the shofar at the Temple Mount in Jun 1967.
'' Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem, for they will prosper who love thee'' Mizmor (psalms) 122:6

What price?
The rest of the story:
In 1937 Max Ebel cut his hand disarming the knife wielding teen and then lived
happily ever after in the USA as a U.S. citizen.

Max wasn't attacked because he was a Jew.
He was attacked by peers because he refused their invitation join them in their fun and games, the exact opposite of excluding him.

In the story presented as evidence of children beating their neighbors because they were Jews, nobody was beaten because they were Jewish.
How can 17 yr olds be considered children at a time when 16 & 17 yr olds were
being accepted, with a wink and a nod, into the armed forces?
I assume you have a point, but I don't have a clue what it is.

Children were especially vulnerable to Nazi persecution. Some were targeted on supposed racial grounds, such as Jewish youngsters. Others were targeted for biological reasons, such as patients with physical or mental disabilities, or because of their alleged resistance or political activities. As many as 1.5 million Jewish children alone were murdered or died at the hands of Nazi officials or their collaborators.

Not sure what "mainstream" is now. I think it depends on which fork of the stream you took. The big river seems to have forked into two mostly equal halves - each with some turbulent sections. Maybe some waterfalls sometimes. One fork more towards the east and one more to the west. Wonder if the two forks merge further downstream or if they continue in opposite directions?

I assume you have a point, but I don't have a clue what it is.

Children were especially vulnerable to Nazi persecution.
My point is embellishment diminishes the facts.
So many stories are often embellished for drama or to justify bias viewpoints.
The facts alone are horrific.
Embellishing reminds me of Nixon's campaign slogan "Now More Than Ever"
(2nd campaign, 1st campaign was "Nixon's the One")

Were children especially vulnerable, which is it?
This post started with children as the persecutors not the persecuted.

Latest posts