Getting varnish off bear claw

Help Support CattleToday:

Canadian_Cowgirl

Reaction score
I got a bear claw necklace today, and i guess the people tried to varnish it or something, there is a stick residue on it and it sticks to my neck and makes it all red, do you know what i could use to get it off without hurting the claw? and what i should put on it after to protect it if anything.I tryed soap and water and a scrubber but no luck!

Thanks in advance

Katy

Canadian_Cowgirl":18xkvcto said:
I got a bear claw necklace today, and i guess the people tried to varnish it or something, there is a stick residue on it and it sticks to my neck and makes it all red, do you know what i could use to get it off without hurting the claw? and what i should put on it after to protect it if anything.I tryed soap and water and a scrubber but no luck!

Thanks in advance

Katy

That's not varnish, it's nail polish and it was a gay bear. :lol:

Varnish would have hardened in a couple days. I would use "goof off" or maybe just some mineral spirits. I doubt either will hurt gay bear claws. :lol:

I thought bear claws were great big things you buy at the donut shop. They would taste pretty sad with finger nail polish on them. :)

It don't matter jw the C Cowgirl is not paying any attention to our infinite wisdom. Then again she is probably blond. :lol:

When I first saw the title my first thought was to first sedate the bear. Then I figured if a bear wanted varnish on it's claws that was pretty much it's own business.

I had a bear try to give me a bear claw necklace once. I didn't look close enough to see if his claws were varnished but I don't think it is real common.
However, it could be the new fall fashion for bears.

Nail polish is removed with nail polish remover as every girl knows
Nail polish remover is acetone
Acetone is used to clean up after fibreglass work -polyester or epoxy - but a little known trick is to use vinegar to clean up epoxy

I would try vinegar, paint thinners ,paint stripper , acetone in that order and if that didn't work my trusty pocket knife.

If its sticky though it should be easily dissolveable- even metho (alchohol) or dry soap powder might work.

Latest posts