Getting Threads Locked Thread

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lammie

Reaction score
IMHO, some of you are a buncha, and I want to use the correct terminology here, backwards, redneck, breast feeding infants that didn't get whipped enough as children. You know who you are...

I love you all, but I love my relatives, too, and they sorely try me.

It is deadlock like this that will surely kill us all. I am as conservative as the lot of you, and we can't keep splitting ourselves into these two monsters named Democrat and Republican. After all, all I know about either is what I heard when I was a kid, what I read in newspapers and what I hear every day. And none of it is balanced.

What we think we all know will be our undoing in this country unless we can work together.

That's all I have to say. I ain't saying no more. I am off to Corsicana and then to Bokchito, Oklahoma, where I won't have to think about anything political whilst I twirl around at the street dance. Parade starts at ten. Hope to see you'all there. :welcome:

IMHO, some of you are a buncha, and I want to use the correct terminology here, backwards, redneck, breast feeding infants that didn't get whipped enough as children. You know who you are...

Glad you ain't talking about me.............

I haven't sucked on a tit in years. ;-)

Angus/Brangus":2eito79a said:
MikeC":2eito79a said:
We are a "Representative Republic", where we vote for our representatives to carry out government policy and procedure.

A true Democracy is simply "Mob Rule".

No matter where a Democrat is from, and when he votes "Democrat", he votes along with those that want to perpetuate feeding from the welfare trough.

In other words, "Please government, save us from ourselves and take care of us".

Mike, you are right about this. That government tit has got to be a 42F cup size by now. I wonder how many thousands of sucklings are fighting over it now?

Tain't me. I'm not a consumer when it comes to government services. I'm what you might call a facilitator. Or as AA or NA would say - an enabler.

Angus/Brangus":3p8wcls5 said:
MikeC":3p8wcls5 said:
We are a "Representative Republic", where we vote for our representatives to carry out government policy and procedure.
A true Democracy is simply "Mob Rule".
No matter where a Democrat is from, and when he votes "Democrat", he votes along with those that want to perpetuate feeding from the welfare trough.
In other words, "Please government, save us from ourselves and take care of us".
Mike, you are right about this. That government tit has got to be a 42F cup size by now. I wonder how many thousands of sucklings are fighting over it now?
de·moc·ra·cy (d-mkr-s)
n. pl. de·moc·ra·cies
1. Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.
2. A political or social unit that has such a government.
3. The common people, considered as the primary source of political power.
4. Majority rule.
5. The principles of social equality and respect for the individual within a community.

I don't know how many thousands are fighting over it, but I do know there are MANY more now than there were 8 years ago. I also know that many on here are just a breath away from it if not already there ~ and it is not due to lack of effort on their part, it is due to those in power protecting those in power.

The "common people" are not saying "Please government save us from ourselves and take care of us!" The current political environment is feeding off the people ~ at great cost to the people, with no regard to the people. They need to remember why they are there, and it is not to serve themselves.

Angus/Brangus":1wqpomej said:
angie":1wqpomej said:
Bullsquat. The point was the "common Democrat". Social equality? Maybe you'd prefer a Reverend Democrat to run our lives ? ;-)
I would prefer, A/B, to run my own life. I would prefer not having to figure out which bill does not get paid this month so that another can. I would prefer that people who are willing to work hard are able to keep their jobs. I would prefer that those wanting to work could find work. I would prefer not to hear that the food shelves in Mn are being used now more than ever, by a different group of people ~ is not the very old and the very young as it once was, is the people in the middle now as well. Everyone is hungry and struggling. I would prefer to have a wo/man in office that puts others (specifically the "common people") before him/herself and his/her own interests.

The choices before us this year are Bullsquat (to borrow your term). You will see who we get in next, and it will be the reward of your parties hard work on their own behalf. I am thinking nobody is going to be grateful.

Almost forgot ~ social equality does not mean all get the same, some are more deserving, through their own efforts, than others are. All people should be rewarded for individual effort. The greater the effort ~ the greater the reward.

Social equality means the opportunity to achieve is given ~ hard working people are rewarded for their efforts by given the opportunity to keep their jobs and pay their bills. Hard working students are afforded the opportunity to go to college and succeed based on their efforts, not the cost of college tuition. See? Are many examples. I will give you more upon request ~ is enough for now I think. I will give you the opportunity to absorb this. :lol2: ;-)

Yall mean you ain't got this thing locked yet?

I'm back. Came back a little earlier than expected because I got a killer headache, (not from drinking, either), and thought I would check in.

I had a wonderful time. I had a chance to have a sit down with my favorite Uncle, and catch up with what he's been doing. There was a pasture full of tiger stripes across from my Aunt's house and sure enough, they were his. He's 77 now and still loving those feisty things. Says they treat you as well as you treat them. He was so glad to see me, and me him. I love going back to visit. :heart: I can't believe he's that old. It's so good to go back and have everyone welcome you with open arms!!!

Lammie":1fkris0o said:
Yall mean you ain't got this thing locked yet?

I'm back. Came back a little earlier than expected because I got a killer headache, (not from drinking, either), and thought I would check in.

I had a wonderful time. I had a chance to have a sit down with my favorite Uncle, and catch up with what he's been doing. There was a pasture full of tiger stripes across from my Aunt's house and sure enough, they were his. He's 77 now and still loving those feisty things. Says they treat you as well as you treat them. He was so glad to see me, and me him. I love going back to visit. :heart: I can't believe he's that old. It's so good to go back and have everyone welcome you with open arms!!!

Lammie, love on that Uncle while you can. Family and home are both very precious. I bet he really enjoyed your visit.

There will always be those who are lazy and try to take advantage of any system or any opportunity available, sometimes to the point that they are working just as hard to cheat others as they would be to make a meager but honest living. Been that way since the beginning of time I'd suspect. I'm not trying to justify favoring a lazy person over someone willing to work hard, but to me, eliminating our social programs would be like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. The lengths we go to here to take care of poor, handicapped, mentally ill, and otherwise less fortunate are what separates us from other countries where these people live in filth and wretchedness and leave their children to beg on street corners, or worse. Travel to one of these places, see if for yourself, and then tell me we should throw our social welfare programs out the window. There will always be people who don't deserve the help they receive, and there will always be those who do. The system is imperfect no doubt about it.

I agree that this board allows political opinions and sometimes blatant insults as long as they're conservative. I personally am not, but you surely assumed that anyway since I'm from CA :? I don't usually chime in on the political banter, it's more or less like water on a ducks back. What I really came here to learn about was cattle, and in that respect the boards never disappoint.

AB wrote
we have had those political leaders that want to make sure a student gets free tuition because of their socioeconomic or racial status even when it means bumping someone off the college acceptance list that is willing to pay their own way.

In Georgia we have such a system. If a student makes good grades most of his college tuition is paid for. I am currently helping to create a foundation which will cover all the other uncovered costs associated with college for children in my county who choose to excel in their studies. Georgia also has free technical schools for those with good grades that choose not to go to college who wish to pursue a trade. I view all these programs as good since they reward those who try. For those who are physically and mentally able to take advantage of these programs and CHOOSE NOT TO, I have no sympathy and think they should be weaned from the system so the money wasted on them can be put to better use. Like my dad would tell me, "I can't help you if you are not going to help yourself".

Angus/Brangus":o8h21pj3 said:
Bullsquat. The point was the "common Democrat". Social equality? Maybe you'd prefer a Reverend Democrat to run our lives ? ;-)
[/quote]

The issue was not about people who work hard. The issue is about freeloaders - those who can work but won't. Instead, they suck taxpayer money away from those who truly need it. And it seems that our (maybe your) buddies in the Democratic party like to protect these folks. :nod:

No A/B, I understood it to be directed towards those who vote democrat. Of course there is a difference between freeloaders and those in need. I think we all agree on that. Those folks are not protected by the democratic people so much as those who NEED it are being CREATED by the current administration.
Angie":o8h21pj3 said:
Almost forgot ~ social equality does not mean all get the same, some are more deserving, through their own efforts, than others are. All people should be rewarded for individual effort. The greater the effort ~ the greater the reward.

Social equality means the opportunity to achieve is given ~ hard working people are rewarded for their efforts by given the opportunity to keep their jobs and pay their bills. Hard working students are afforded the opportunity to go to college and succeed based on their efforts, not the cost of college tuition. See? Are many examples. I will give you more upon request ~ is enough for now I think. I will give you the opportunity to absorb this. :lol2:

Like a union???? :lol2: There has never been a guarantee of just reward for hard work and it has hardly been an electorial issue in a political party. I don't think the Dems are going to change that. However, we have had those political leaders that want to make sure a student gets free tuition because of their socioeconomic status even when it means bumping someone off the college acceptance list that is willing to pay their own way.
Like a union ~ I am a union member and advocate (big surprise ~ yes? :nod: ). The economy IS an electoral issue. Of course there is not a guarantee of just reward for hard work. If that was the case so many family farms and dairy farmers would not have been shot to hell with the Reagan administration. Talk about hard work not being rewarded! Don't you think someone should have cared about that enough to change it?

So Joe Blow should go to college despite mediocre performance if his parents have the money (which is just another form of welfare being practiced by that student) vs. John Johnson who is an exceptional student but can't afford college tuition? That is nothing more than a continuation of the thought ~ those with benefit, and those without are left sucking hind tit (in keeping with the nursing theme) regardless of individual effort.

2/B or not 2/B":1ymn8kf9 said:
There will always be those who are lazy and try to take advantage of any system or any opportunity available, sometimes to the point that they are working just as hard to cheat others as they would be to make a meager but honest living. Been that way since the beginning of time I'd suspect. I'm not trying to justify favoring a lazy person over someone willing to work hard, but to me, eliminating our social programs would be like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. The lengths we go to here to take care of poor, handicapped, mentally ill, and otherwise less fortunate are what separates us from other countries where these people live in filth and wretchedness and leave their children to beg on street corners, or worse. Travel to one of these places, see if for yourself, and then tell me we should throw our social welfare programs out the window. There will always be people who don't deserve the help they receive, and there will always be those who do. The system is imperfect no doubt about it.

I agree that this board allows political opinions and sometimes blatant insults as long as they're conservative. I personally am not, but you surely assumed that anyway since I'm from CA :? I don't usually chime in on the political banter, it's more or less like water on a ducks back. What I really came here to learn about was cattle, and in that respect the boards never disappoint.

Thank you. You can't use a broad brush here. My parents get Meals on Wheels. Otherwise, they would not be able to stay in their own home. I suspect Medicaid is around the corner for them because they can just get the assistance they need and services that they can't get on their own. Is this because they were lazy bums? No, it is because they just didn't plan like they should have. Dad's worked hard and paid taxes all his life. They should be able to take advantage of these safety nets if they need them.

As for everyone else, if things don't get better with the ecomony then we are all going to be standing in line.

Lammie":2fxzulp3 said:
My parents get Meals on Wheels.

In CA when I delivered meals on wheels they still ahd to pay for them. Breakfast was a dime, lunch and dinner were 2 bits. Only the very destitute got them for nothing. Most of the food was donated, all of the labor for cooking and delivery was donated. All that was paid for was the facility for preparing them and the utilitys.

When we quit electing career politicans to office from both partys things will change. Not a single elected congressman or canidate for president that don't got a pocket full of special interst money. We don't count because we don't make big contributions. If you don't have the money to buy them forget it..

Let's get back to cows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts