Getting ready for deer and Rabbit season.

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
ResizedImage_1414106580257_zps17cad24f.jpg

ResizedImage_1414106579650_zpse0d47a6c.jpg

ResizedImage_1414106616718_zps53700277.jpg

Deepsouth":m8p02b5f said:
Good looking habitat sky. You reckon you can hit a rabbit running across that lane?

Thanks. Sure I can hit one running across that path .. I would love to tell you I kill darn near everyone crossing it but .. That would be a big lie lol The deer also run down the paths to get speed in front of the dogs so standers stand off about 40 yds off that path. I hope santa brings me a new gun cam so I can show you how many I miss :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :mrgreen: I was going to turn the powerline into row crops but decided not too cause deer walk and lay in it all the time and rabbits love it. I just cut paths but since its a right of way the powerline company comes and cuts it completely every 3 years which sucks.

Most power companies have a cost share plan for keeping the power lines mowed. And some like GA Transmission have a WINGS program. It stands for Wildlife Incentives for Non game and Game Species. We have 110 acres enrolled in their programs and we plant all kinds of stuff for the wildlife. But the best part is we have wildlife travel corridors that we keep mowed and put where we want to make the game travel.

highgrit":18oe7gm9 said:
Most power companies have a cost share plan for keeping the power lines mowed. And some like GA Transmission have a WINGS program. It stands for Wildlife Incentives for Non game and Game Species. We have 110 acres enrolled in their programs and we plant all kinds of stuff for the wildlife. But the best part is we have wildlife travel corridors that we keep mowed and put where we want to make the game travel.

I never heard of that I may have to ask but these people here probably dont do it.

Sky, both of our large power companies have wildlife enhancement projects. Find out who owns them and then do a Internet search.

greybeard":3mh9v1jl said:
How did the Indians hunt back before someone invented mowers?

LOL you got me :tiphat:

JW IN VA":3mh9v1jl said:
While you are hunting I would be happy to keep that mower greased and exercised. :D On my fields.

Come on up and get it lol I wont need it till probably may :lol2:

highgrit":3mh9v1jl said:
Sky, both of our large power companies have wildlife enhancement projects. Find out who owns them and then do a Internet search.

Thanks Dominion power I believe owns the right of way.

Wife got on me about lifting deer up to get it on a come along and cranking it so she fixed that problem. I cleaned out a junk hole in my shed and wired up some light we had thought we were gonna use when built my house. I am planning on putting tar paper on the inside but maybe not. I have a propane heater to use in there so I will be warm and cozy while cleaninig deer or helping someone clean theres or stay dry.

ResizedImage_1414366651371_zps0ea9a3d1.jpg

ResizedImage_1414366953385_zpsb85861fd.jpg

Went to my favorite stand to check it out and put a camera out since I saw some sign I liked heres some sights from it.

ResizedImage_1414366652061_zps3db5d6e8.jpg

ResizedImage_1414362751903_zps5e368f79.jpg

ResizedImage_1414362751345_zpsb10abefc.jpg

TexasBred":zl3vurda said:
Looks like a scrub buck been hanging around. :lol2: :lol: :hide:

I hope that scrub keeps hanging around so I can utilize his backstraps for breakfast and dinner. ;-)

dieselbeef":1orqmtfp said:
well it does make it a bit easier if yer stalking..or walking rabbits...but i guess it dont cover up the dogs huh?

No sir I usually run 20 deer dogs at a time but now only have 17 its hard to cover that up and for rabbits 12 beagles is hard to cover up too :lol2:

Latest posts