Getting overrun by Mexican chicken houses run by Mennonites

Help Support CattleToday:

Chickens eat lots of corn. I like growing corn.
Chickens make lots of litter, I like putting litter out for fertilizer, I can make more corn that way. The more corn I make the more chickens I can feed the more litter I can put out the more corn I can grow.
Sorry your stuck with the Mexicans.

jedstivers":1deszqq3 said:
Chickens make lots of litter, I like putting litter out for fertilizer, I can make more corn that way. The more corn I make the more chickens I can feed the more litter I can put out the more corn I can grow.
No Mexicans here other than like any where else in Arkansas, the company is a Mexican company.

My complaint is not that it is a Mexican company, or that Mennonites are moving here to run the chicken houses.

My fear is the smell and the flies. There is not a lot of regulations here, and I like that, so you gotta take the good with the bad.

It is just easier said than done when the smelly things are in your back yard.

I like Mennonites, good people. I like Mexicans, good people. Both groups are hard workers.

I like eggs. I like chicken, especially fried or hot wings.

buffalo%20wings%20plate.gif

jedstivers":375xzpez said:
Circular reasoning my Arky friend, although I'll champion the cause on this one.
HD, I'll bet you didn't see this coming. Kinda sux, but like you say, they are both good peoples. It could be worse, and on that note, I'll shut my pie hole

My late, ex mother-in-law grew up in a priveleged Chicago suburb, Her grade school class visited a slaughterhouse in Chicago, Not a Protein-conversion facility. A slaughterhouse, She was my MIL, I thought she was nutty, but I doubt the visit to a slaughterhouse had anything to do with it.

Have you been around them before? From my experience has been that the smell is not bad for the neighbors. Only when you inside the houses or mostly when it gets spread on the fields

HD, I'm in the southern part of the state so most of our poultry business is egg laying houses. They've been around here for years. Like Craig said I don't think they are all that bad as far as smell or flies. In the evening when winds die down you seem to smell them a little but it's not really that bad IMO. Maybe you just get used to it?

Thanks CM and arkie1. Maybe its nothing. They are happening regardless.. Lots of them.

Don't know how true it is, but someone recently told me about 75% of Arkansas population suffered from the chicken fungus disease. Histoplasmitis or something like that.

Latest posts