Getting overrun by Mexican chicken houses run by Mennonites

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
Mar 10, 2014

Peco Announces New $165 Million Project in Northeast Arkansas
Hatchery, feed mill, processing plant, state-of-the art water treatment and protein conversion facilities

…Today Peco Foods announced plans to build a fully integrated poultry complex in Randolph and Clay Counties in northeastern Arkansas. The new facilities will include a hatchery, feed mill and processing plant. Through both locations, the company plans to invest an estimated, $165 million and create 1,000 new jobs. :shock: :oops: :shock:

I think the plant is now running one shift .

A lot of chicken houses going up.

rnh2":c7ed78xp said:
Has broiler production moved out of the hills and into the Delta
I did not realize the delta stretched all the way into northeast Arkansas .... learn something new everyday.

Seems Golden Plump is going to have to strengthen our southern Minnesota border to ward off an invasion of chickens. (Golden Plump runs commercials here about how they are protecting us from southern chicken, Buy Minnesota Grown.)

I was visiting one of my buddies up there back in march. There are new houses everywhere. He is working on 8 himself. Nows the time to build rental housing

There are houses popping up all over Independence County in NE Arkansas. It's been like a land rush with people trying to buy up any place they can put houses on.

Never seen a high headed chicken house with a sense of self-importance.

Several of houses around here have closed over the last couple of years. Owners got jacked around by the chicken people Tyson or Hudson or whoever. My neighbor remodeled his with new heaters, feeders, etc, on his own initiative. Two years later, upgrade not paid for yet, Company comes out with every chicken house is to be upgraded with a specific equipment list, no exceptions, and the growers are paying for it. He quit. Makes a nice hay barn.

What does protein conversion mean? I think I know it's to do with waste from butchering chickens. but what is the end products?

kickinbull":13606n4a said:
What does protein conversion mean? I think I know it's to do with waste from butchering chickens. but what is the end products?
beaks and eyes and butthole flaps oh my!.

talltimber":2yje20h2 said:
Never seen a high headed chicken house with a sense of self-importance.

Several of houses around here have closed over the last couple of years. Owners got jacked around by the chicken people Tyson or Hudson or whoever. My neighbor remodeled his with new heaters, feeders, etc, on his own initiative. Two years later, upgrade not paid for yet, Company comes out with every chicken house is to be upgraded with a specific equipment list, no exceptions, and the growers are paying for it. He quit. Makes a nice hay barn.

That's seems to be the norm. I've known guys that built some of the first houses the southern part of the state ever saw. When there were very few houses they didn't get jacked around or have to wait three to four months between flocks (no flock means no check). Now that everybody around here has a house or two it's getting worse.

greybeard":1yqqy9bz said:
Chickens, Mexicans and Mennonites...there's probably a country song in there somewhere........
It was rainin the day the Mennonites hired the Mexicans
We was haulin a load of broilers when the trailer got hit by a train

red angus 2010":s1xkehpw said:
greybeard":s1xkehpw said:
Chickens, Mexicans and Mennonites...there's probably a country song in there somewhere........

And before I could get to the protein exchanger in my pickup truuuuuck....

SJB":2hz76k6t said:
red angus 2010":2hz76k6t said:
greybeard":2hz76k6t said:

And before I could get to the protein exchanger in my pickup truuuuuck....

She knows his love is tyson, she knows he's gonna go
Ain't no woman or flesh and blood it's that dang ol pilgrim named Bo
It's the clucks and the blood
it's the stink and the mud
It's the roar of the break room crowd

Latest posts