Gertish pics

Help Support CattleToday:

bward

Reaction score
This is a snoopy 2 year old with some of his calves. His name is "Howdy" for obvious reasons.

DSC01544.jpg

One of my upgraded Girls. She is 7/8 ths and both Sire and Dam are solid red. Blame the granddam for the markings. Sire is Ben Two and I think I got the last of his semen. I am so looking forward to Canada dropping the anaplasmosis and blue tongue restrictions. If I can get access to any U.S. Gert semen I am going to be in a hay day shopping for it. woohoo.

DSC01546.jpg

"tell ur from canada the rfd tags lol"

You think I could use it as a marketing ploy? Buy gert. Get enough room for ALL the required tags.

Great pics... I really love the cow. Looks like she could be one heck of a producer.

Nice looking Gert female you have bward.

How do the Gerts handle the Canadian winters?

"How do the Gerts handle the Canadian winters?"

Sigh.........
I get asked that question a lot and would like to reiterate that these are cows not tropical plants. They don't tip over dead when we get our first frost. They grow hair like other cows in winter, and thrive with hay and when the snow piles up they also get straw for bedding. The only shelter they get is wind fence and or a bluff of trees to stand behind. If I had a herd of any other breed they would be treated exactly the same. Thanks to everyone for the positive remarks. I really do enjoy the girls and know they are not everyones cup of tea.

DSC01419.jpg

I love to see those red cows! Ours get hairy in our mild winters....I can just imagine them in all that snow....

Nice looking gerts!
gerts are our favorites here. Our son is beginning his own herd, he has 3 reg heifers and a star 5 calf. 1 heifer is AI'd to Top Gun, the other to Yogi.

Latest posts