Gentlest Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

the "gentlest" bulls we've had have all been Beefmasters, so far. The nosiest bulls we've had have also been beefmasters.

My eybard is messed up, s I pe tis maes sense enug t read. Wen I wal trug a pasture, I eel saest i tere is a bull rm te breed I raise in te pasture tan any ter breed. I can't type te wrd "ererd" I ave ad bulls tat wuld lad in te trailer because tey new tere wuld be new cws at te end te jurney. Angus bulls are sure ard t see in te dar.

greenwillowherefords":2uv2aupv said:
My eybard is messed up, s I pe tis maes sense enug t read. Wen I wal trug a pasture, I eel saest i tere is a bull rm te breed I raise in te pasture tan any ter breed. I can't type te wrd "ererd" I ave ad bulls tat wuld lad in te trailer because tey new tere wuld be new cws at te end te jurney. Angus bulls are sure ard t see in te dar.

I think Bill will load up quicker. I've still got him so we could have a time trial here.

greenwillowherefords":1a3azfg5 said:

that is one good thing about charolais and white faced bulls. you can see them in the dark.

Wewild":ftzrrnsf said:
greenwillowherefords":ftzrrnsf said:

I think Bill will load up quicker. I've still got him so we could have a time trial here.

n lnger ave tat bull. new bull still learning te rpes. Gentle but stubbrn. Stands in bac trailer wit rear eet ut, wile I'm prdding im wit cattle stic. ave t let im nw yu mean business. Dn't get mad, just stubbrn.

greenwillowherefords":5wmps7fh said:
Wewild":5wmps7fh said:
greenwillowherefords":5wmps7fh said:

n lnger ave tat bull. new bull still learning te rpes. Gentle but stubbrn. Stands in bac trailer wit rear eet ut, wile I'm prdding im wit cattle stic. ave t let im nw yu mean business. Dn't get mad, just stubbrn.

I knew you didn't have him anymore. Bill must be as old as when Clinton went in office. My favorite Uncle owned him and named him. Throws 60 to 70 pounders and haven't had to pull one yet ... maybe I should... Bill a'int stubborn in the least.

Beefy":3tufcwxv said:
sure, why not pull them all?

I just learned about that. We must have been doing something wrong for a while now. At least since George got his grant for his time in the army in the War of Independence,

OK, we have the meanest bull award and the gentlest bull award.

I have an entry for the laziest bull. After he flopped the 1600 lb hay bale and unrolled it to prefered pillow size and had adequate amounts to lay on...he needed a nap.

IMG_0954.jpg
[/img]

IMG_0953.jpg
[/img]

la4angus":ofbnj765 said:
OK Cert, all he seems to need now is a cigarette and cold beer.

Might seem that way. But smoking is bad for your lungs.

And the only thing he drinks is water. That way he can he healthy to cover all the cows I miss AI.

But I will sit back with a cold long neck and watch him work. :D

Arnold Ziffle":2ad4jiff said:
That sure is some pretty looking green stuff in the picture, cert. I think I'll have to go to google or some similar reference material to see if I can figure out what it is.

Seems we have plenty of it this year, bein's we are flooded half the time.

That is what it looked like here when I was dying from the heat out there!! The bale is there in case he gets tired of the grass. ;-) But it made a better pillow I guess.

I may be a little biased, since it is the only thing Ive ever raised, but Brahmans get my vote. Of course, the only ones I see are show bulls, but they seem to be the most laid back things, and seem to get gentler with age.

There is NOTHING that works all the time, especially when the subject is "Bulls", however most animals will respond favorably to calm, quiet and deliberate movements - not sudden, unexpected or startling behavior. Bulls, tough and strong as they may be, are nevertheless prey animals, and their Nervous Systems are like any other mammal's, and they react in a typical "Fight or Flight Mechanism" manner. -But, as the old saying goes, "All signs fail in wet (or dry) weather", and one factor which enters into the handling of Bulls is TESTOSTERONE! All bets are off when testosterone is introduced into the formula of animal handling! Scientific investigation has suggested that Stallions and Bulls and males of other species, even Humans, act unpredictably around some human females during their Menses. It is likely that most people would not think of that, nevertheless it does have a bearing on the behavior of some animals - sometimes. To be on the safe side - NEVER let your guard down.

New eybrd wr0ng type plugin. Still stuc wit 0ld 0ne. Wewild, te bull I ad tat wuld lad in trailer s0 easy, I als0 gave im is s0ts 0ne year wile e ate a treat r0m a tr0ug. Was 0n pr0perty wit n0 real cute at te time.

Last year te 0ld bull I ad g0t 00tr0t, treated im in 0pen pasture.

greenwillowherefords":1dgxa9x5 said:
New eybrd wr0ng type plugin. Still stuc wit 0ld 0ne. Wewild, te bull I ad tat wuld lad in trailer s0 easy, I als0 gave im is s0ts 0ne year wile e ate a treat r0m a tr0ug. Was 0n pr0perty wit n0 real cute at te time.

Last year te 0ld bull I ad g0t 00tr0t, treated im in 0pen pasture.

GW, I have a couple of old keyboards laying around that I could send. ;-) Your "H's", "K's", and "O's" are givin me a headache! :shock:

Latest posts