Gehl Discontinues AG implements

Help Support CattleToday:

Darn Shame. Another good one gone. Spinning hoes and skidsteers are'nt going to fill any silos.

Gehl shafted their dealers first of all. These dealers had invested in stocking equipment & parts and promoting the Gehl product. Second every end user customer that Gehl had, Gehl betrayed them and their public trust by not selling the AG Division or arranging for their products to live on.

What dealer will want to stock parts for Gehl equipment? The cold hard facts are Gehl did their dealers wrong the way they left them with Hay Equipment on their lots at the time of year that they would have the most inventory. Many of these dealers will just tell Gehl to come get the stuff because Gehl hurt the dealer's ability to make money on hay equipment. Gehl knew they were going to do this 6 months ago and if I were a Gehl dealer I'd sue them for damages. New Gehl equipment just lost 20-30% of it's value and the used equipment lost 40-60% of it's value with the Gehl's action on Monday.

ironpeddler - Were the Gehl round balers sold new from the present and going back 2 years actually made by Gehl, or made by other manufacturer and decaled and painted Gehl?

dundidit":264egu1n said:
I wonder how much fun I will have in a few years buying parts for the silage special baler I just bought :( :( :(

You will be able to get parts likely from a Gehl AG Equipment internet sight. They plan to direct market the parts to the end users. I'm not sure how quick of a delivery time you can expect.
There are 3 large companies negotiating with Gehl for the intellectual property rights of certain segments of the AG company.

I have been waiting to hear this from another source and have yet to hear anything. Is it true that Gehl discontinued their ag. equipment? It doesn't say anything on their website. Just wondering what the deal is.

Thanks,
Chris

Latest posts