Gas Welder

Help Support CattleToday:

kaneranch

Reaction score
Hey guys I am in the market for a used gas welder. Most of the welders that I am coming across are in the 1800 - 2500 dollar range (already on the trailer). I was wondering what you guys have paid for older welders. A budy of mine recently purchased an old pipe line welder for 150 bucks, and it works great. Was that a once in a lifetime deal and I should go ahead and jump into a more expensive one, or do these type of deals come around every so often. I almost bought a 4 year old miller bobcat on a trailer for 2500 bucks last night, but buyer remorse is one of the worst feelings so I held off. Any info would me greatly appreciatied. Thanks Kaneranch

Mr. Kane, I'm not real sure what you mean by a "gas" welder but it sounds like you are interested in an arc welder (Bobcat).

I went to an auction two weeks and there were three trailer mounted Lincoln machines for sale. The first one went for less than a thousand but they didn't start it up. Don't know what the others went for.

I bought a new Miller MIG machine a couple of years ago and paid less that $800. It's a 175 amp machine and will weld anything I want to tackle on the farm. The MIG machine uses gas as a shield during welding so maybe that's what you're wanting?

I would look around a little. Sounds like some folks saw a monkey coming (just joking). And good hunting. :D

I paid about $900 for my older miller it has a 16hp engine and was in great shape for it's age w/125 ft of new leads.I would need a bigger machine if I was going to use it everyday,but it's great for building pens and repairs.You might watch craigs list sometimes I see some deals on there.

Latest posts